Are short girls okay with dating really tall guys?

My crush is very short, like right at 5 ft. I think she's amazing, but I worry that our height difference is too great for her to consider dating me. I'm 6'5", so I literally tower over her. I know girls like taller guys, but am I too tall for her to be attracted to me?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, very much so.

• Is there a height at which you would feel that a guy was too tall to date?

• Not really.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 16

• Everyone has their personal opinions, but I personably think it's really cute when really tall guys date really short girls 🤗 In the end, my main advice would be if you really like her, don't let your height hold you back! If you really like her go for it :)

• with most girls my height is actually an advantage. Not here, though.

• I do really like her, I just don't want to fall on my face and suffer the backlash. She lives in my dorm, and I'm worried about the negativity from girls if she rejects me.

• Yeah I get what you mean! If you think she likes you I still say go for it

• I am 1.62 m and I had thing with guy who was exactly as tall as you.
    I felt comfortable with him.

• Height should be the least of your worries. As long as you get a long and treat her right... that's what matters. I've never heard a girl say "omg he's too tall, I can't be with him"

• The thing is, I have had two female friends say that a guy who's too tall could be creepy or awkward for a short girl.

• Thank you.

• You're welcome. I hope things work out for you :)

• well, being 5'1 i don't think i'd have a problem with that... my boyfriend is 6' so not nearly as tall as you... you might need to carry a step ladder around with you though.

• Yes of course. I'm 4'11" and my boyfriend is 6'3"
    If she likes you, she wouldn't care how tall you are.

• Yes I love tall men. I am 5ft 2 and my boyfriend is 6ft 2. I dont think she would consider you being tall a problem. It is definitely a plus.

• Would there ever be a height where you'd think a guy was simply too tall.

• Lol... no a man can never be to tall or rich... lol

• Some of them love it. Most actually. Deep down every girl prefers tall guys over short ones. Even if it's a big difference, it should be fine. Seriously what is the height thing all about?

• I've had female friends tell me that a big height difference is just awkward and not attractive.

• That's not true unless you make it awkward.

• its all up to their preferences

• im not that short, but i like tall guys, you're super tall though, so I don't know it would depend if you're hot

• I'm the same height and I wouldn't care if I liked them enough

• I prefer taller guys. :)

• I'm near enough the same height as her and I wouldn't mind dating someone of your height

• Yes! Girls love tall guys.

• But how tall is too tall? My crush is only 5 feet tall.

• My crush is 5 ft and I'm eve taller than your crush :) I just have a thing for short girls.

• That's not a problem! Personally I think it's super cute. :)

• I think it depends on the girl. Every girl has her own preference... well for me, I really love tall guys... (no boyfriend since birth) but I am really attracted to guys that are much taller than me... I am 5'2 myself and I think it's really cute... but meeh that's my opinion xx

• tall guys and short guys go perfectly together super cute couples lol:) a girl must always be shorter than the man so its good that your tall...:)

• Thanks, that gives me hope.

• I think that height difference is amazing. I'm 5'1", and my dream guy would be 6'3" and all muscle.

• But would you date a guy who's 6'6", or would that be too tall?

• Girls need to show interest too, though, if they want guys to make a move. We don't read minds, and we don't approach girls who act like we don't exist.

• Not to be rude, but you just need to harden up your balls and go for it. Stop worrying about what girls think. Every girl is different. And actually, girls frickin loooove tall guys! I know I said you might be too tall, but I might meet you and think you're insanely hot. Who knows, but you shouldn't be worried about what any given girl thinks, dude. No matter what you look like, there are girls who will laugh at the notion of dating you, and others who would die having your babies. So just harness your power and go for her. Girls love guys who pursue, guys who have the strength to put themselves out there.