Why are tall, athletic, in shape girls interested in me, a short skinny guy?

I noticed some girls who fit this description are interested in me. I am 5'9'', pretty short for a guy, and skinny. I am not weak, but not athletic too. This girl for example is slightly shorter than me, maybe 5'8'', pretty tall for a girl, and is fit and athletic. I suck at games such as volleyball, basketball, but she is really great at it. I am not smaller than her because she is also on the skinnier side, but there are bigger guys around who could be interested in her. Nevertheless, I think she definitely likes me.
Why aren't such girls attracted to bigger and stronger guys? She is pretty and won't have problems getting a guy. I am not bad looking and am smart but I thought such girls are interested in big athletic guys and not small smart guys. Do you think she might have some confidence issues that makes her be interested in a guy that is not as athletic as her? And that's not just a coincidence since there were other athletic girls who liked me. I just don't understand it, that contradicts everything that I read on the Internet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls (like myself) just think shorter, smarter and thinner guys are cute and attractive. It doesn't necessarily mean that they have confidence issues, they just think you're cute- and smart types can be very sweet in my opinion.

That makes sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why ask dude? just feel lucky and enjoy it while it lasts.

What Girls Said 1

• *some*

& They're after your lucky charms. Clearly.

Yeah, some, but in fact they comprise a huge percentage of all girls who were ever interested in me.

What Guys Said 4

• Perhaps you hold yourself well and seem appealing to girls? One of my mates who is really good with girls is actually really short and quite skinny. He's probably 5'7"/5'8". Make no mistake though a lot of girls are attracted to bigger and stronger guys, but thats not to say they won't like guys who aren't athletic.

• Cuz they are stoopid.. 😎

• 5 9 isn't short. IT'S average.

• Girls ONLY want smaller/weaker guys who they can dominate. My girlfriend chose me because she's 6'2 captain of a local volleyball team and I'm much smaller than her. She likes the feeling of being my superior and hates being smaller than anyone.

Girls only claim to like big guys because of social pressures. Women are made to dominate men, it's just natural

Don't think so. Some of these girls were dominant and approached me on their own, but this particular one is pretty shy.