Friendship between single woman and married man?

Do you believe in a friendship between married guy and single woman? Like spending time together, going to gym together and doing stuff like that

Most Helpful Guy

• It's dangerous waters. I've seen it work, though. All depends on how the wife views it and how much (if at all) she trusts said female. For example. Suppose a man marries a girl, and her mother is the girl in question. Almost certainly, there won't be a doubt. Now imagine the girl is younger and in her prime, seen as cute, and single. Yeah, looking for trouble on that one. Perception is most of the picture here.

Totally agree! I want to talk to him about it but what if considers me as a friend/little sister and then it's all is gonna be so awkward

that's the point, I don't think that she knows about our weird friendship, and that's killing me

*softly* Sooner or later it's going to have to come out. But the one most directly involved should be the one to do it. That means him. It's his responsibility to explain to his wife what's going on. But you have to accept what she decides. Would you want anything different if it was you in that position? Yeah, you may lose a friend. I sincerely hope not. But it's better than interfering with a marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do believe you can be friend with a marriage man but spending time together alone? That is big NO NO. I would only do that if I am also friend with his wife if not then I probably never give that a chance to happen to us. It is too dangerous that you might fall for each other as you continue to spend time together. The time he should be doing that things with you is what he is suppose to be doing to his wife. You should also put yourself in the shoe of his wife. If you were the wife what would you feel when you know about your situation now? Would you not feel jealous and suspicious about it?

I don't think that I would be okay with my husband having a single female friend. So telling him that we gotta stop this friendship would be ok, right? I was just afraid that he thinks of me as a little friend/sister, if so, my speech would be so awkward

I think if that is how you would feel then I assume you know what to do. I suggest you talk with him heart to heart and see what is really his intention to you then base on that you will know what your decision would be. It is hard if you just assume anything about the two of you. You must hear it from his mouth.

What Guys Said 12

• While I'm sure it is possible, and I am also sure I could do this, I don't think it will be a reality while I am married to my wife. I say this because I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my marriage, however my wife would not be having any of it, she is very possessive and jealous, if a woman even looks at me too long she will be on that like nobody's business, and if a woman were to flirt with me, my wife would throw down right away... just saying.

• No, not an ideal combination for friendship and it's never suggested that a married make friends with a single woman, that can cause jealousy ( to his wife) and can cause problems in his married life.

Hence not a good idea. Never.

• Depends on age and how hot they are. If the girl is younger and attractive? Uh, might not work out.. If they're old or ugly mofos then it's all good in the hood.

• Sure, I'm single and have female friends who have been in the same relationship for years longer than many couples have been married. So why shouldn't it be possible the other way around? Just don't do it if there's any sign of attraction, even if it's just one-sided.

• I am not going to stop being friends with someone just because they are single and I am taken (with someone else). Not every interaction with the opposite site has to involve romantic or sexual interest.

• No. Married men, stop running around with other women. Don't insult your heritage! We are the children of Moses, sons of Abraham, from the lineage of David. Show some dignity to your commitments under God and state.

• Yeah but very soon instead of just hanging out the guy ends up sticking something in you pretty fast lol. Especially if they are friends with someone who looks like you.

• I don't think it's a good idea, his significant other will be jealous.

• not unless you got a death wish with the wife then go for it

• yea i believe there can be a friendship, why not.

• Yeah sure its possible to maintain a friendship like that.

• No really. Too much temptation there.

What Girls Said 7

• No, especially if their both attractive to each other. These relationships dont last and hardly do they exist. One of the two will end falling in love and getting feelings hurt. However, if its more of a business thing or coworker then thats fine but strictly platonic. I personally would never befriend a guy like that let alone be going out with him. Wife may get the wrong idea and he may want to sleep with me. This has happened way to many times in my life

• one on one no... they shouldn't be THAT MUCH involved in eachothers personal lives. hanging out in groups is fine... but meeting up privately is hard to say.

but then again most of my friends are guys... but they are single and so am i. and we are in our twenties

• Why not?

• i think it depends on how both of you view your relationship. i have so many married friends whom i hang out with one on one but we both know its platonic, like brother sister relationship. but if you are attracted to him or he is attracted to you, then i would advise against one on one time together.

• Not a good idea, it is more respectful to let him give his time/energy to his wife

• Fuck no
    Home wrecker alert

• Sounds like potential to be a recipe for disaster.

that's what I think too!

I think it depends on your personality.
      I don't really get attached to people easily, however, the people I get attached to, I'm pretty loyal to.
      Most people that are super social get attached to everyone.