Would you ever bring up having kids together (to the girl you are dating) and not really mean it?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I think when guys bring it up at the time they aren't 100% sure what they want but they see the girl really wants it so they just go along hoping that they fall for the idea.

Eventually when time comes where the girl wants to get pregnant right then. The guy realizes that he doesn't want children. So it's not like he was lying before he just didn't know what he wanted and couldn't figure it out until he was presented with it happening.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 21

• It's done all the time as a way to make you think he's really into you but it's just a ploy to get you to fuck him or keep fucking him

• I wouldn't bring it up in a way that suggests that I'm saying I want to have kids with her. I would bring it up in a way that simply states that I do want to have kids at some point in the future, with somebody that doesn't necessarily mean her. Just that it is one of my future goals down the road. That's one of those exit point conversations. If the other person says that they don't want that in the future, then you are kind of wasting your time in that relationship

• I may as a joke. You shouldn't take these kinds of things to heart - often they come out with no real implication.

• If I thought it would shut her up for a while because she thinks that I'm going to be stupid enough to wife her up and/or have kids with her, sure. I'll say whatever will get me what I want or I whatever I just feel like saying.

• Nope, but i would bring it up ic i thought she was a keeper.

• Well I would tell her early on I don't want kids to avoid confusion, but to answer your original question no

• No that's a serious subject and such would be talked about in that context.

• no and i hate these people...

• I don't date and I don't bring up having kids with anyone.

• No due to the fact that it is a very serious topic. In the end, she would end up resenting you for toying with her feelings. *shrugs* 😐

• Nope. Don't see the use in that.

• Depends on if I see the relationship going anywhere other than just the bedroom.

• No. I am honest and straight to the point.

That explains why I'm single.

• Nope, unless I wanted to scare them off.

• I wouldn't, but I can see someone easily doing it.

• NOT COOL ,,, WILL HURT U LATER Down THE ROAD ADVANTAGE TO IS Not Going To HAPPEN. MOTHER Will Known HER ROLE Quite SIMPLY

• nope. id only talk about a serious subject like that if i meant it

• No way, brah

• No. If I bring up kids, it means that the woman I am with is the one I want to spend my life with.

• I'd mean it. you'd never want to lie to your parter

• No. I usually bring it up before even going on the first date. If they don't want kids, there's no long term potential for me.