How much of an age difference should there be?

I'm young and very gullible but I would like to know your opinions on how much of an age difference there should be, more specifically in school. I would really appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

What Guys Said 12

• 2 years max at your age.

• I would say no one older than age 16 for you. I think a 18 year old guy knows way too much and he is really a adult male. Now once you get to know him and your age 16 and he is age 18 than it won't look too bad. But when you turn age 18 you
    may date any age cause your legal age but who ever your comfortable with.

• half your age plus 7
    that is the best formula to find a reasonable minimum age.

• First of all it depends on if you're talking about high school or what. If so then a 1-2 year gap should be fine but if it's in college a suitable gap would be a 2-5 year gap

• At your age a year or two at most.

• at your age, 1-2 years max. the older you get the older the difference which is ok

• At your age, it would be a bad idea to date anyone more than a year older.

• Like 9.

• i can't have a decent convo with people under 25 ussually.

• In school, like 1 year difference, but once you are 18, then at least 10 years.

• A few years apart 1-2 years

• In terms of dating I would be safe and stay within a year only. If things become sexual with a guy you date and a couple of years older (16 or so) he could be prosecuted for statutory rape and possibly labeled a sex offender in many places. Many cases of this exist and even if you consent it can be illegal.

What Girls Said 3

• For a 14 year old, I think 2 years is the absolute maximum age difference

• I think at your age, the difference shouldn't be more than 2 years. As you get older it doesn't really matter that much.

• A few years apart, like (1-2). When you're 18, and you've graduated high school, go crazy.. but when you're still young and underage, don't date anyone seriously that is 18 or older. Just focus on school. (things I wish I had told myself)