Would a rich guy mind dating a poor girl?

A guy a recently started dating is very rich. He's a CEO of a very huge and successful company. He has a lux penthouse, finest cloths and accessories, 2 cars and a motorcycle. He probably has more then I am aware of.

Me, on the other hand, I am below average in finance. I do have a work which pays off okay but I have to financially provide my parents who are very poor, so I'm not left with much. I have a small, cheap flat which I rent (single bed and not very nicely furnished), I don't have a car and I don't have the greatest cloths (I buy cheap ones, sometimes second hand stuff).

But even though he's rich he's a really nice guy and I like him a lot. I liked him even before I knew he was rich. He treats me very good and he never rubs his fortune in my face. Someone who doesn't know him would never guess that his rich since he's so casual.
But I somehow feel that difference might get in a way of our relationship. Maybe it's just in my head, but I am kinda ashamed to invite him to my place because it's not fancy. I'm also not comfortable going to fancy restaurants with him because I don't have the appropriate outfits for that kinds of things. I don't like acting like a lady, I have a very young spirit and my lifestyle is kinda still like a student. I want to show him my true self, my world, but I am afraid that it would be too much for him (or rather not enough for him).

What Guys Said 11

• personally i HATE people even think of money when they date. its hey, CAN u meet up? CAN u afford the date? can u afford to hang out? if u can afford to do what u want why the fuck does it matter how much extra money they have? girls are petty as fuck. and this generation is horrible and it has gotten way worse lately. all they care about is how much money u have.

but for ur question i would say i wouldn't worry. the guy is probably only interested in u. i mean think about it. if u guys got involved what would happen? u would end up moving in with him right? how often does the guy move in with the girl? lol. not saying it does not happen its just rare.

also i dont know ur whole story or his, but i think u are assuming that because he has money that he is a rich fancy guy? maybe he is just another guy with money? maybe he likes u because u dont treat him like he is some fancy ass hat? some guys like to just throw on a shirt and jeans and go out. and on the flip side if he likes u and wants to do that, TELL him u dont have that kind of thing, he will pro get it for u. perk of going out with a rich guy. might be some awkward mments for a bit but just try to learn fast and focus on spending time on him and not on the weird ass places and things u guys are doing.

• 28d

I don't ever want to move in with a guy. If we're gonna live together then we get a new place and asing it equally, so we both own it 50/50. In that case I wouldn't have to worry about getting kicked out with nothing if we break up.

• 28d

I dunno, I would just feel bad freeloading on someone's property. :( Especially if it's expensive, my pay check doesn't even cover a half of the bills for his huge flat. It would mean he would pay for most of it, and I'm just there. I mean it sounds like heaven for some girls, but for me it's not like that, I wouldn't feel completely comfortable living there if I'm not contributing. I know I'm weird. xD

• 28d

well u can contribute if u want, and u can talk to him about it. telling him u want to feel useful ;). u two might agree on some amount, though i am betting it will be small. girls normally end up picking things up, tidying up, and well ;) da sex :) thats ur rent money. sounds hooker ish but well its kinda true. make a guy a sammich once in a while throw away a water bottle here and there, and let him have his way with u... which u should be enjoying urself or why are u there? and bam guy is glad to have u there. some guys may vary, but the guy was already doing his thing, now he has a girlfriend with him, to help him through his day with things, and sex in his house... whats not to love. u shouldn't act like u are freeloading at all. its normally a good deal for both of u.

• They probably won't mind dating, sometimes it's just nice to spend time with someone, marriage would be a different story.

• Guys usually don't factor in the income of the girl he is with... as long as he can trust her not to use him for her money.

• Men of some sort of status look for those who enjoy that type of lifsyle themselfs. Anything below his status will greatly NOT be appreciated by his lifestyle. Just saying... especially if you're not into being ladylike.. this will not work at that level.

• If she was a gold digger/expected everything to be paid for. If not why would he?

• Sure.

• No he wouldn't but don't betray him that is all I can say, he feels like a good person

• Only if she takes it up the ass.

• yeah... guys are not usually materialistic

• His D needs attention.

• Someone that Rich usually won't because they would be afraid of their assets being taken away but can upper-class guy would probably

What Girls Said 3

• Men with money tend to go for females that are the opposite of what they are use to. They see women who never had a lavish lifestyle as being appreciative. I have heard and seen so many chase after women who dont really have that much to offer. Because he genuinely likes the females. Women with a lot of money usually get used and played by men. Thats why you got to be careful of what you reveal.

• men like him usually date: a) women who knew them before they were rich; or b) women who are also rich; because they want someone who will like them for something other than money

you said: "I liked him even before I knew he was rich"
    so you fall more into category "A"
    you just started dating him. enjoy
    don't let the difference get to your head

• #Duh haven't you ever seen MarĂ­a la del Barrio?