Why would YOU not respond to someone's text?

People ask on here a lot why a guy/girl isn't responding to their texts. Most of the time the reason is that there is a lack of interest. Would this always be the case? Why would you personally not respond to someone's text? Would there be a reason to not text someone back besides there being no interest?

0|0
16|8

What Guys Said 8

• I don't respond if I'm actually busy, if I'm not interested, or I'm playing hard to get and pretending I'm busy to make the girl hungry for my next txt/phone call

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I really don't understand why some people play hard to get this way. Like if you like a girl don't you want to at least make it seem like she doesn't mean anything to you?

• Because i'm busy doing something else.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

Even if you were busy could you still forget to respond if it was someone you liked?

• Show All
    • 1mo

Well, a whole month probably meanstill he's not interested lol. Yeah when I forget it's for like a day or two at most.

• 1mo

No I haven't spoken to him in over a month. The text was only sent a few days ago.

• Probably coz of problems in internet connection, been very busy, lack of interest, fade of feelings etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

What if you had feelings for that person? Is there a chance you still could forget to respond?

• 1mo

I would reply if I love her, if necessary

• 1mo

In my case I thought this guy liked me buts its been over a month since we've spoken and even when I drunk texted him the other day he didn't respond.

• May be he/she is annoying. Had some quarrel with him/her. Whatever it is it's a sub version of "not interested"...

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of interest, awkward question, boring conversation mostly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Either I'm busy or I just don't want to talk to that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • To make them pissed off 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly an unintelligent posting, I've had a few of those on some opinions of mine.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• because...
    1 its my mother and her lame meme
    2 its my boyfriend bout something I did wrong
    3 it's my job
    4 bs
    5 more bs
    6 becz I'm sleep
    7 because I'm eating
    8 becz I'm breathing oxygen
    9 because just because

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like texting.
    I only text my close friends, family members.
    If it's a crush, I would text.
    And I would ignore a text if I am not interested or is asking inappropriate questions.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I don't feel like it right then and forget later on.
    Not much of a texter. When I don't reply people usually call me which I prefer.

0|0
    0|0
  • b/c they are not interesting. Or i don't like selfish people and they have yet to ask me questions about myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget to respond
    If they piss me off
    Conversation died out

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Would you forget to respond if this was someone you liked?

• Thought this was sofeckinaddicted because of the caps

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I don't want to talk to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not interested in talking to the person, the person bores me, or I am just to busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I don't want to respond
    When I don't know what to respond

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing to say
    forgot

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Would you still forget if it was someone you liked?

• Show All
    • 1mo

What should I say then? I mean I don't want to be the one to keep trying to contact him. He would always text me saying that though.

• 1mo

wait for him to text

• Just reading and forgetting to reply. Or not having a reply to say. Or not wanting to talk to them

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't know what to say or forgot.

0|0
    0|0
  • if they kept on texting you asking for things then there is a valid reason to ignore someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause I'm busy ignoring them

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of interest or maybe i don't want to give the wrong idea to them

0|0
    0|0
  • Busy maybe. Or just the last text doesn't really need a reply.

0|0
    0|0