Is it possible for men to ONLY have eyes for one person?

Who don't look at other females not because they'd feel guilty but because legit nobody is attractive to them because they're so into their SO.
Is this real?

What Guys Said 86

• erm.. well yeah, once when I was dating this girl, she chopped my eyes off and kept them. ever since, my eyes have been with her.

• Sometimes it is, because a guy may be so fixated on a girl that nobody else compares at that time.

However, I don't think this is the case for most people. An easier example to explain this would be actors that you like and find hot. When you get with your guy, do you suddenly look at your favorite actors on the big screen and think "meh" as long as you are with your guy? And then their movies become less attractive to watch? xD Maybe some people are like this, but that doesn't make sense for most people.

For most people, other people don't stop becoming visually attractive just because they fall in love with one person. What makes that person they love more special than all the rest is that they would hands-down choose that person and find them more desirable than all the others, not that other people are 100% undesirable.

This is why I don't necessarily find having eyes for one person the most romantic thing. It's easy to pick one person when all others seem crappy. It's more touching when lots of people are attractive, and yet they pick you over all the rest and think you are the most desirable over all of them.

• 29d

That is a really nice way to look at it

• 29d

Thank you. ^_^ And I don't mean to put down people who only have eyes for one person, or how romantic it is, haha. Different things work for different people. :) I just meant that I personally wouldn't have a problem with a partner finding other people good-looking, just as long as they would choose me and want me the most.

• Listen,

"Eyes" for only one person. No. That's not real. That's a female fantasy. We're not blind. We can still see. And when we look around and see an attractive pair of breasts, or butt, or face, or waist/hips, or stomach, or legs, or girl with some nice style going on, or girl with some nice moves, etc. going on, it's going to be processed by our brain to make sense of what our sensory system just picked up from our environment. The only way you're going to stop that is to blindfold a guy, and basically cut off the Internet, and lock him in the house until he dies. Ladies gotta chill.

Despite all that, can a guy still be loyal to just one girl? Yes. Despite all that constant bombardment of, "Dude, those girl's boobs are better, that girl's butt is better, that girl's face is better, that girl's hips/waist is better, that girl's legs are better, at least that girl knows what a diet is, at least that girl knows where the gym is, damn that girl knows how to be sexy, etc.," guys have the power to CHOOSE to voluntarily stay and remain loyal to just one (1) girl. They don't need to be guilt-tripped, publicly-shamed, or rewarded with praise or positive reinforcement for doing or not doing so. They do so because they WANT to.

Want to make sure your guy cheats on you, be like every other girl and don't trust him. When a guy feels like his girl trusts him, genuinely trusts him (not just some gimmick to manipulate him and see what he'll do), he enjoys that feeling. He enjoys the fact that he can interact with anyone and his girl knows that ain't shit going on. When a guy has that, he doesn't want to lose that.

As far as "eyes" for other girls, just because a girl "looks" good doesn't mean that he wants to "be with" her. He's not about to open up a new can of worms and reinvent the wheel as he gets to know someone knew on the "off chance" that maybe she's more amazing than the girl he's currently with. Even if another girl is cool and all, it's not worth giving up the history and experiences of going through life's journey together with his "partner." I mean, if a guy is just willing to discard that, then he's not thinking straight and clearly not ready for a relationship or a real "partner" in life yet.

• people are always going to find people attractive. it's unrealistic to think that just because a person is in a relationship they suddenly stop finding people attractive or unattractive

but they can have eyes only for one person in the sense that even if they find a person attractive they don't do anything about it

• Yes it is real but it takes along time to develop it. Usually only married poeple or people who are engaged have that.

• I'm quite certain I would not have a problem with that.
    I'm single now but when I get attached to someone I'm there for her and for her only :D

• yeah, of course. It's up to you to be able to judge someones character and look for red flags when you enter a serious relationship.

Just reading all these girls story's on GaG in the last 3 years and it's shocking the GLARING red flags women ignore when they fall for a guy. Plus you're still young so most guys your age aren't ready to settle down.

• 29d

My boyfriend is 24 lol I am very mature for my age. He is the definition of faithful and I know it's very rare to find. I wanted to see if other people were like this as well :)

• 29d

Well good, i also find i know more men at my age that really do only have eyes for their wife/GF. Also, "mature for my age" is irrelevant here. People don't really stop changing till there late-20's so your boyfriend is likely still evolving as a person.
      I still can't believe the few people my age that all of sudden decide to leave their families and take up some light heroin use. You'd think people had matured by 29, not always the case.

• 29d

O for sure! Sorry. Not mature for my age. But mature in general lol and I totally understand what you are saying. I've had my fair share of relationships and maturity is a huge thing that many guys lack. No matter what age. But I have also hear horror stories of women being shitty too.

• Hmmm, that doesn't make much sense. If the attraction you talk is only visual (because when men look at other people they don't know, they can't see personalities), that means that if he saw somebody that was very very similar to his SO, they wouldn't be attracted at all.
    If you're solely talking about looks, I think people will always look at each other.

If you mean to actually think of pursuing or desiring them, I think that's a completely different story other than just looking.

• No, and any guy who says otherwise is lying in hopes that you will like him for it.

• 29d

Honestly stuff like this is becoming a dealbreaker for me. When women expect men to be women. So women can be in a relationship for 100 years and never find another man attractive. No man can be in a relationship that long without eventually noticing other women and seeing that they are attractive. Maybe it takes a month, or a year for the initial honeymoon stage to wear off. But all men are going to look at other women. The fact that women want men to NOT look at other women is a red flag for me. She doesn't want a man, she wants a woman with a mans body.

• Yes it real. A man can give his body to many women but his heart to only one at a time.

• If I'm with any girl I never turn my head to another girl.

• Of course it is. Love makes you blind.

• Not really. I mean, looks wise? No. There is so much beauty on this planet. I don't know if you have a boyfriend, but you can't tell me that he is the only attractive looking male out there xD

Now personality wise... You and only you. If you were like my girlfriend. You already look attractive, and the personality makes you tower above the rest, no matter how good they look

• Eyes? No
    Hearts? Yes

What I mean is that every straight man will notice an attractive girl when he sees one. What matters is how he reacts. He is only a quality partner worth being with if he disregards her completely and stays focused on you, rather than choosing to stare and indulge in his lust over her.

• Let's be clear on what it means.
    "only have eyes for" means only interested in a specific person and in some cases only attracted to one person.

Yes it's possible for a guy to only be interested in one woman. And in the short term only be attracted to one woman, because of that euphoric haze that can come over you in a relationship that is new. I know for me if I really love a girl. Other girls cease to be options for me. Like I recognize the fact they are beautiful women. But they don't get me going. That spark is not there. Maybe that might be different if I was with a woman for 6, 7, 8 years or so. But my last relationship lasted 2 years and I can honestly say I didn't have eyes for anyone else but her. Other girls were attractive, but I wasn't gawking in excitement or anything. It was just like a plain "oh cool. A pretty girl"

• No that does not exist. Yes, there could be a man that only has eyes for one person, meaning there is someone he holds special above everyone else and no matter how many other women come along, she will always be most special to him.

However, to say a man is only attracted to one woman is ridiculous. Doesn't mean they care or even act on it, but unless they close their eyes, that's not going to happen.

• Not to that extreme - They might think their SO is very beautiful but they can still appreciate the beauty of other people

• Absolutely. I've been there. Once. Now, I'm a militant misogynist asshole, but this one girl got me so I just didn't even give a half a fuck about any other chick, even ones who were more my type than she was (she was Mexican, dark hair/eyes. I like white, light hair/eyes).

Its not a big secret: surprise wake up blowjob, afternoon sex, surprise lunch break car head, shower shenanigans, bed time horizontal monkeyshines... Basically, she was always down, and if she wasn't in the mood, she just assumed I was and went down on me randomly.

That, and cooked. Seriously: balls empty, stomach full. A guy will spend his life breaking himself to be responsible for your happiness.

Or you can do what feminists will advise, call that awful, and tell men what they should want, and he'll merely make an effort to keep you from seeing him look for something better

• No one is like that, not men, not women.
    Getting in a relationship doesn't suddenly stop making other women attractive. You my not want anything with them, but you still appreciate their beauty.

• No, probably not. You can't just switch off your attraction to other people just because you're in a relationship, attraction isn't a choice. All that matters is that you stay faithful and don't go flirting with them or cheating.

• Yeah, it's possible. Months ago, for example, I really liked someone and nobody seemed to call my attention anymore, just her. So, it's completely possible.

• I was like that with my third to last ex. We had been together for 4 years. After 4 months of dating, I felt that she was the one. Never paid much attention to other women after that. There was one time when I was with a group of friends. They were rating all of the girls that walked by us. It was funny and innocent, but I couldn't bring myself to do it - many were absolutely gorgeous, but not in my eyes.

• 29d

If you say they were gorgeous then you are just as bad as they are lol

• 28d

iam not looking for sluts therefore no worries there you will never even be on my list

• 28d

Don't worry sunshine, I wouldn't possibly wish for anyone to talk to you 🤔

• I don't think this is a man thing. I think it is very human and healthy to still see other people. I also see man and women do this equally. Even the ones that say that they don't do this.

I understand that this is not exactly what you asked for. So I say it is next to impossible to find such a man. However I think what is more important to know is what importance this other woman has to that man. Most guys have completely forgotten about that other woman 30 seconds later. They also don't approach that woman. They don't love their wives/girlfriends any less. They don't cheat or wanna cheat. So is this really something to worry about?

There was an article about some research about this but I don't remember the link. It was an Interesting read that explains what i just said in a more scientific way.

• Is it possible for women to want only one type of food for the rest of their lives? Sure. Ain't likely though.

• Half the people on Earth are women. We're going to deal with them every day and see their butts in tight clothing and boobs hanging out all over the place. Women are going to try to flirt with us even in front of you even if we are married, because women do that... Women will get looks because most of them are out there doing things to seek attention... That doesn't mean a man can't or won't be faithful to a person that is good to him.

• I suppose I'm like that, but I'm weird. My girlfriend and I are in a LDR. I work around lots of pretty girls. But I really care so much for my girlfriend I'd never even think of looking at someone else, no matter how far away she is (500 miles, if you're curious).

• Thats impossible for both men and women

• Generally speaking, the chances of there being such a man are one in a million.

And that's optimistic.

• It is extremely rare for it to be anything but a passing phase of when the relationship starts and the guy is feeling crazy in love. After a few months, old habits of looking around and seeing beautiful women everywhere will reassert itself. Doesn't mean he doesn't love you though, it is the most natural thing in the world.

• Yep. If he feels love so deep.

• More from Guys
    56

What Girls Said 29

• My boyfriend is very set on only wanting me and not looking at other girls or commenting on other girls. Whenever I joke about other girls probably checking him out he'll always respond negatively like saying "well fuck those girls cause I have you" for example. My boyfriend is not really the typical guy though (or at least in my experience) and has a LOT of respect for me and women in general. Like he doesn't even watch porn because he says he can't stand to see how women are treated like a piece of meat. When we watch series where women are naked he cringes and says he thinks that is special and sacred and that sex scenes cheapens sex and the idea of it. So yeah, I doubt many guys are like that or see it that way (my boyfriend wants to be a social worker so he's just more sensitive to things like that) and I think this could be why he treats me always like he only has eyes for me. He's just sensitive and respectful like that to me.

With all that said, everyone will see attractive people, whether taken or not. I see hot guys, and I'm sure my boyfriend sees hot girls all the time too. That does NOT mean that you fantasize about those people or think about it. It's like "oh there is an attractive person" and then you just go on with your life and never care about it again.

It's impossible to never ever find another person attractive. It is very well possible though to do so but still be respectful about it.

• It's probably not impossible but rare.

BUT WAIT! Don't freak out yet ladies! Him finding other women attractive doesn't negate YOUR beauty. There's more to relationships than looks. Don't be afraid or threatened because if you're truly in love, you're not going to be looking out for an "upgrade".

• Yes it very possible. A guy that was taught not to do that, and is completely attracted to you wouldn't care about other girls or women. They glance and then shake it off. How do you think some married men stay married for the long they have? Because they are not catering and smiling to every chick they see, unless out of common courtesy. The issue is some men and women want to seek some sort of attention from somebody, even when they are in relationships. I had gotten unwanted staring from guys on dates with their girls in front of them. I'm not even paying attention to them. But the girls give me nasty looks like I did something to them.

• No, I don't believe there are men or women who are like this that are normal, functional human beings.

Sexual attraction is rooted into our DNA for the sake of procreation, so unless you want to castrate a guy, he isn't going to be able to only find one woman on the planet attractive.

• That's what I'm like, I just do NOT notice other guys. My friend would point out this hot guy entering the cafe when we're hanging out and I look at him and it's like looking at my brother it's just "yeah cool whatever". I just don't see others. I can understand why someone else might find them attractive I guess, but I personally am not all "oh ma gerd, so hawt!"
    And I'm sure there are guys who can do it, but it's not wrong either way, long as they aren't acting on it if they're with their one person.

• yes... if he is blind 😂😂😂

• Yes in life people will only have 1 soul mate- unfortunately finding that mutual soul mate is not common... there's 7 billion people on the planet and as they say there's someone out there for everyone but humans are to lazy to go search their equal partner...

• Is it possible for women? Yes. Then it's possible for men.

• I think it's possible for a guy to be monogamous to a point where temptation isn't an issue for him, but i doubt you'll ever see a day where a guy will look at an attractive girl and not find her attractive.

• Maybe during the honeymoon phase, but realistically, no. It's a bit absurd to think anyone would. No one is so amazing that they can captivate someone so intensely, barring mental illness.

• 29d

I would have to disagree. I am more than captivated by my boyfriend :)

• yes it is

• Definitely possible for a man to be loyal :)

• Is it possible for a woman to only have eyes for one person? I am married and my eyes wander all of the time. It's called being human.

• I doubt it. Unless your guy is head over heels infatuated with you - and even this probably won't last more than a year, which is when the feeling of commitment sets in - he probably does look at other girls, just as girls will look at other guys. But that's okay. When he's oggling another girl, chances are he's not thinking of marrying her - he's just imagining what her tits feel like. Basically he's not thinking of the girl herself, just her assets, and that's perfectly normal. It doesn't mean he's going to cheat.

Don't base your self worth on how often your guy looks at other females. It doesn't really say anything. But if he continually goes around openly gawping at them, ask him if he's caught any flies yet.

• If that was true then men with their girlfriend/wife would not stare at me while I was out. It makes me feel uncomfortable yet they still do it anyways.

• 28d

Yea I agree. The same happens to me that's why I asked this question. But apparently there are so that's good news!!

• Not sure.
    Probably not.

• No because just like you he will probably look at other people and think they're attractive but if they don't do anything about it or think you're better then thats what matters

• 28d

Opinion owner. Maybe at your age group , not mature men

• 28d

I agree^ and no I am not like that and I do not look at other people

• 28d

annalori... especially because I only do relationships only anyhow. The grass is only green right under your feet...

• Yes. I believe so.

• Yes and no at the same time because i have seen married men look at other womens asses when they open the door or something for them it is wrong on so many levels. Yes because there are some guys out there that will only have eyes for the person they are with and not worry about any ther girls

• Yes... I believe it is real but also rare nowadays. I never met someone who genuinely had eyes for only one person. My husband is unlike any man I've ever known. His dad is the same way with his mom.

• 29d

See my boyfriend is just like that! And I'm so thankful for it. It's very very rare. Happy to hear your lucky enough to have that too ☺️

• 29d

I'm happy to hear you have a great guy as well annalori!

• I hope yes

• It's real for me but I'm a girl. Someone can be cute and all but they won't be anything compared to a S/O!

• 29d

I'm the exact same way! My SO claims to think the same as well but as a fellow woman you k ow how hard it is to trust someone after you've been lied to so much. Lol

• Yes, it is entirely possible but uncommon.

• My boyfriend never notices other girls. He really is the most-loving and cutest guy I've ever met. So yes, its possible but it's quite rare I guess.

• Yup. Not really until you develop an emotional connection aswell though.

• No, males are biologically inclined to spread their seed, therefore they will always be looking at other chicks.

• not it is impossible. because men are like the animals that hump anything that moves

• I've seen some. One guy I know is amazing, girls love him. He's extremely handsome, perfect body, good career... he only cares about his fiancĂ©. Doesn't look at anybody else and girls throw themselves at him at times and he just feels disgusted at the way they behave, not flattered or slightly tempted.

• 28d

Opinion owner. Nice. !!! Thought for a min , you were talking about me.. ... my true way right there. 😊

• 28d

@Djaaaaay good guy! Not just your woman, but others who know you are lucky. It's very rare to see people with good morals these days.

• I don't think this is a rational thing. When we're in love we're not blind all of the sudden. You still have your ability to see beauty in other people and that shouldn't define if he/she likes you more or less.

• 29d

You obviously have a lot more confidence than most and for that I envy you