Tall girl and short guy dating. Is this weird?

I know a girl that is like 6ft tall who is dating a guy that is like, 5'8". They seem to really like each other and are cute together, but there height difference just seems weird what do you think? Weird or not?

What Guys Said 20

• it looks more "normal" for a tall guy to be with a short girl because it's in our brains that the male is suppose to be stronger and more intimidating than the girl. that's why a taller girl with a short guy seems so weird to you because it's not normal in terms of nature. our heads automatically think bigger guy = stronger and more powerful thus better candidate for sex and reproduction, etc. our subconscious minds hasn't caught up to real modern life yet since nowadays a midget can kill a hundred 7ft tall muscular men with a machine gun. of course we are humans and have been breaking the laws of nature for thousands of years. it's amazing that for such a smart and resourceful creature that we humans are, stupid shit like height difference between a man and a woman is so significant to us.

my 2 cents is if you find shorter guys weird then don't date him, he's better off without your shallow mind. if you see a shorter man with a taller woman weird, don't worry it's normal to feel that way because your mind is not able to comprehend the social norm being broken like that. nation is going to hell? that's fine. he's shorter? no fucking way.

• As a short man, I wouldn't think it's weird at all, I once dated a woman MUCH taller and bigger than me. I'm about 5'3 and she was about 6' and she probably had about 75 to 100 lbs on me. Now it's true we did part ways, but not because of the height and size difference.

• It's only weird for girls for whatever reasons. Personally, I don't get it. You must be stupid to reject someone who could be the one just because he's shorter than you.

• That's awesome.. :)
    I'm 5'6, I would date a 6 ft woman, who cares,
    I'm stronger / faster than most men anyway.

• I didn't think it was that weird until I was at a club in college and this short dude was grinding with his taller girlfriend and I couldn't stop laughing. It was like a fucking koala 🐨 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• I wouldn't think it was odd

• not.

• There's nothing wrong with that. If I spotted a girl I liked and she's taller than I am, me turn down that opportunity? NO WAY!

• Yes, it's weird, but lots of things are weird. Midget body builders dating giant African transgender drag queens is weird, but I still support their marriage.

• I think height does not make a difference. Every couple can be sweet, cute, nice and match. It is just unusual. Are gay couples weird? No, it is just that we are not used to it. But I think that making this "weird" is totally wrong.

• No, it's just uncommon but not weird.

• The Hobbit proved that anything is possible with Fili and that really boring elf bint.

• Who the hell cares! I'm 6'2" and would happily date a girl 6'6"

• Like all such couples they will seem odd to outsiders meeting them for the first time. They will be too busy relating and enjoying each other to give a damn.

• Im 5'5" and I've dated a girl 5'10-"5'11" for a while. People stared often but I didn't care.

• 27d

And they may have been staring cause your girl was fine and they knew it too!

• 27d

@ThisAndThat its possible, I didn't care.

• 27d

That's the right additude to have. I've seen guys that were shorter than their girls, but I didn't look their way cause of their heights.

• It's uncommon sure, but it's a sign of two very open and mature people... so more power to them

• It's not weird, but it looks weird to me.

• People will laugh but who gives a shit

• No it's not! I myself prefer girls who are taller than I am.

• No weirder than couples where the guy is like 6'6 and the girl is 5ft tall, I mean is that you daughter?

What Girls Said 9

• Not weird at all, but weird for others who are not used to it. My mom was taller than my dad. They got married. But a lot of people made fun of them because of it. And she was 5'9 while my dad is 5'3. As long as you two are happy together then who cares what anybody else says about ones height. :)

• I don't see it as weird. My brothers are shorter than 5'8 (5'8 isn't even short lol) and they date tall women so it's not super strange to me.

• Not weird, but that's probably because my roommate she is 6'1" and she often ends up dating shorter guys.

• Lol so Im 6ft tall and my ex fiancĂ© is 5'7" on a great day. His height had nothing to do with out relationship however I will say that it takes an incredibly confident man to be able to have a tall women like that on his arm.

• Not weird.

• There's nothing weird, I'm 4 10 and my boyfriend is 6 3 . Some people think in his daughter LOL

• Must also have advice... I'm 5'2 he's 4'8...

• Ungrateful whore, at least you even have a boyfriend.

• no if they like each other that's all that matters. i can't choose ur height