Girls, when is the age that you think that you want to start a long lasting commitment ?

I mean, when is the time that you felt the need to find a man to settle with forever ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this depends on who the woman is and who she is with. I think when I was about 18, I wanted to be married by the time I was 25, but now I don't really have any desire to settle down. This is due to personally being quite afraid of the thought of spending my life with the one guy for the rest of my life. Also, it's probably because I don't think I've met the right guy yet to want to settle down with.

However, considering biology-wise, I think most women get broody between 25 and 35. Most of my friends who've seen other women with kids have expressed the wish to have a child. But having a baby is a very big responsibility and should only been done when a person is mentally ready and mature enough to cope with being up a child. Age doesn't automatically mean maturity!

If you're with someone and they show no interest or have explicitly told you they do not want to settle down with you, then it's your call on whether to stick it out.

What Girls Said 5

• I've always felt like settling down. I never had a need to be footloose and fancy free. Most things I want out of life will be more enjoyable sharing with some one I love than doing them on my own. Dreams can be realized while you are with a person, in fact, they may just be easier to realize. As for starting a family, that is not something I want to do until a bit later on. Having children does limit your ability to do certain things, such as travel.

• DATING FOR A SOUL MATE and having a serious relationship - 15 to 30's. I say 15 is a good age to start looking because it's like 1st or 2nd year of high school and high school is where a lot of people find their high school sweetheart. (which I think is very cute <33)

MARRIAGE - I'd say about 30 or late 20's. Because I think in 20's that's your time to have fun, go on dates, get an education for yourself, have actual career, have your own house, pay your own bills, have your own money ; basically just living your own life and being independent.

• I feel like I'd start looking for that when I'm 24 and I'd like to actually get there (be married) by 28. 24 is enough time for me to be out of college, be single and do whatever. I turn 23 the fall right after I graduate and I think another year of going out and partying should do it for me before I'm ready to think about settling down. I say 28 for marriage because I really doubt that first one will be "the one."

• I never thought about it in terms of settling down for a while or any time... It is just that I i meet someone that I like, then I give t a try- for the experience, not a RELATIONSHIP per se, tho technically I guess that is what it would be, for a while anyways...

What about you- when do you want to settle down?

• I could settle down right away if I find the right one really .

• I feel like that can be any age starting at 14. but I think everyone should wait to have kids until they are finished with everything that you might not be able to do with a kid. you can settle anytime just as long as you know you truly love that person.

What Guys Said 0