Girls: Would you approach a guy that's way out of your league?

There's this guy in one of my classes who always sits behind me ( I sit in the front row). Every time, he sits behind me, I get very nervous and I always think that he doesn't want to sit next to me because I'm very ugly. I decided to move my desk a few inches away from his so he won't sit directly behind me. I like doing that because I think that he will be happy if I'm not around but I feel bad at the same time. I don't know if he was bothered by that action. I want to say "Hi" to him but I'm afraid that he will give me a disgusted look because I'm very unattractive and I've even been called the most uglest girl ever. I'm a sophomore in college who is extremely shy and I've never made a friend ever since I started college and I'm having a hard time. Im really scared and I want to know if I should say hi to him. - he's way out league and I would understand if he gave me a disgusted look.

Appearance (me)
- I am so tall and skinny. I have medium brown skin with acne on my face. I also have darksots and hyper-pigmentation. I have a big forehead and a round face. My facial features is kind of masculine which I hate and I don't wear makeup.

(Him)
He is white with blond hair. He's a little tall, around my height but I think I'm a little taller. He's slim and slender. ( I really don't know if he's a nice or a mean person but I would like to get to know him)

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey hey hey, don't ever say that you're ugly! Never! It's fine to be realistic and understand that you're not a beauty, but calling yourself ugly is going to extremes. I believe any girl can be pretty. I mean it! You say that you don't wear make up, why not try it a little bit? Buy good make up and cover those nasty acne with it (if you can't do it medically). And put a bit of shadow and eyeliner on your eyes. I don't know what kind of hairstyle you have, but SHORT hair looks good on tall girls. ;)
    But looks really don't matter THAT much. I know you don't believe me, but there are way more things that attract guys rather then face. One of the most popular is ass and boobs, duh. And body gestures. Get some nice cloths show 'em what you got! If you are tall I assume you are skinny too, so try showing your stomach, guys love that. If you have nice boobs that's a big plus as well. Just play with what you got and forget about what you don't. Also, personality plays a big role in seduction. You should WORK HARD to get rid of that shyness. Smile and laugh and talk to people, and walk like you're walking on a red carpet. Show dem guys you love yourself and that no one is out of your league. That way you will give a positive vibe. People see what you let them see, so show them your best. And if necessary, yes you should approach. But only when your confident and when you are attractive enough to yourself. Good luck!

• 27d

Thanks and i'll try to approach him☺😊

What Guys Said 1

• You should but wait for the end of the night and find the guy that was dancing all night with the hot chick but struck out as she went home with her girlfriends. This guy will be a little bit tipsy by this stage, emotionally vulnerable and thank to beer googles willing to settle for the first MOPED thats willing to put out. Your welcome.

What Girls Said 12

• What makes him out of your league. You have not told us anything accept for your appearances. You need to just talk to him and stop being afraid. From what I see, he isn't even worried about that or you at the moment. It has 0 to do with looks. He sounds like he is a bit more mature than any of those imbeciles in your K-12 years. I had the same problem. Don't worry. Those idiots are out of your hair. Your in college now, in a new environment, with new people. So don't worry about it. But get to know him as friends first before you even decide to want a romantic relationship with him.

• You haven't described his behaviour towards you so I can't answer... but looks don't determine anything sweety, looks fade... Also don't ever let someone's stupid opinion ever let you think you're not worthy, you can do and get anyone you want. You just have to believe in it and yourself first, and that confidence will shine through you making you beautiful. Beauty is subjective so don't give a damn fuck about what others say - I used to do care about what others say and even to this day I don't think I'm beautiful (even though now I get compliments most of the time) simply because of other people - also the way you describe yourself you sound like you have the physique of a model :)

So tell me how does he act around you and then I can answer your question :)

• Hello dear, maybe you need to love yourself a little more. You should focus on building your self esteem through a skill that you already have and feel good in your own skin. Because what I see here, is that your mind is coming up with possible reactions from people you would want to interact with, and this might not even be true, until you try. It could be a friendship you might have missed and if you tried and it didn't work out, you should know its not your fault that he doesn't see a friend in you. He was too quick to judge and you definitely don't want to be attached to people like that. Having confidence to introduce yourself and share your likes and dislikes are some basic social skills which I'm sure you can show. Give your biggest smile and smooth talk your way through. Now go out there and make a difference! Good luck!

• 27d

Thanks for your kind words and I'll try and see how it goes.😊

• It honestly can't hurt to try , because you'll always be left Wondering what if , if you dont approach him. He may not be out of you're league because it all boils down to attitude. If you think you're in his league , he will definitely notice and respond accordingly : )

• If I feel like omg he is out of league which would make me feel insecure, then no I would not.

• No I'm scared

• I don't believe in legals. If I'm interest I go for it. I don't like what ifs in life I prefer well at least I knows

• Honestly no I probably wouldn't. But I never approach guys

• YOLO just go for it

• Yeah because I think they aren't out of my league

• I would approach, but that doesn't mean you should.

• Yeah, screw it :)! Follow your heart, and you will never know what's in his if you keep believing you aren't hot enough or whatever. The worst that can happen is you finding out that he isn't the one for you. Otherwise, he could be yours.