What do guys really look for in girls these days?

I know it's different for all guys, but i'm just curious as to how many look for these things.

• body
  • personally
  • looks
  • certain features (brunette, blondes etc)

What Guys Said 79

• The biggest thing for me (part of "compatibility") is a woman who is willing to be an active contributor to the "team." I've met a lot of women who were attractive and who were interested in me, but who are takers/leeches. They expect me (or any man they're with) to sustain them in various ways: financially, emotionally, mentally, etc. They demand huge amounts of time, attention, coordination, etc., but are put out if they have to make a compromise or contribute something. I've learned to quickly identify that trait and cut it off quickly.

I'm a generous person and I *like* to be, but lots of women abuse that and not only don't realize it, they're in complete denial of how entitled they are and how they feel that a guy "owes" them things: time, attention, emotional support, financial support, "going out", gifts, etc. etc. As a guy, I want to WANT to do those things, and I'd like it if she appreciated it when I did so - and some women are exactly that way - but so many EXPECT it in a very entitled way (several women have outright told me "I was spoiled growing up, and I expect to continue to be treated that way"), and that its a huge turn-off to me.

The other thing that's attractive is a woman who has a positive attitude and is happy to be happy and doesn't need to tear others down. That's hugely attractive to me, and likewise, women who are negative or who constantly tear others down to try to feel better about themselves are a huge turn-off.

• It's a bit of all of the above. This sounds like a cop out answer but lemme explain... Or at least I'll try to explain from my perspective.

-- Looks, which I'm considering the same as "Body," matter the most initially. I mean-- they are usually the first thing noticed. That being said, I feel like looks are more so a threshold from perspective of date/crush searching or whatever. Once you get past a certain threshold of attractiveness, the personality becomes the key component. (If you don't meet the threshold, then the person is friend zoned)

-- Certain features can boost/hurt the physical attractiveness of someone. This is also known as preferences. For example, if someone had long hair, that may make me think of them as more attractive than if they had a pixie cut. Also, for some reason I find smirking and the shy kind of nervous chuckles cute. Many others would probably disagree.
    This is the individuality of a person. Hence, it's also why one person cannot be attractive to literally everyone in my opinion. Also, single features aren't generally looked at separately-- they're lumped together with looks.

-- Personality comes after intial physical impressions. If looks categorize friendzone vs dateable, I'd say personality categorizes whether the guy wants to know the person more or not. For some guys, agreeable looks and disagreeable personality may turn into a one night stand or whatever. Agreeable personality + physical attractiveness threshold met = a higher chance of romantic attraction. (I can't say it always equals because there are tons of other factors that I suppose could be involved.)

-- Certain features also play into personality. For example, it boosts a girl's attractiveness for me when they say they listen to rock/metal. Silly, but true. I noticed that someone's music choices subconsciously kind of affect my view of the person. I like rock/metal, so when someone says "I really like *insert band I also like*," a big "YES!" flashes through my mind. Common interests often help someone in their personality.

Note: much of this is subconscious. I feel like guys just kind of see a girl and automatically give her an "attracted / not attracted" internally. I doubt many guys notice how someone specifcally becomes attractive in their eyes... They just kind of do.

• The first part is to catch his attention. That's different for every guy. Some search for a specific body shape. Some care more about chest and/or butt to be most important. And so on. There is no correct geberal answer.
    Then comes her personality. Depending on what the guy is looking for at that time he might want a really active and adventurous girl who will never run out of things to do and say. Like a cheerleader or the one who is outgoing and gets the most attention. That's for guys who are looking for fun and getting laid. Sexual attraction basically.
    Guys who are more quiet and shy will probably look for a girl who is laid back and comfortable to talk to. More personal or emotional attraction. No rush to answer right away because she doesn't jump from one thing to another. That's for guys who are looking for friendship and slowly build things to the next level until possible commitment if he and she are satisfied.

• u kinda need everything...
    looks attract the guy too u.
    then once attracted he starts to get to know u
    once he starts to like u, the two of u have sex
    if sex isn't horrible he will continue to get to know u on a deeper level
    if everything keeps working out... well u guys probably get married or what ever u want to call it/do.

but if u mess up on any one of those levels its going to be hard to come back honestly, so u kninda do need all 3 areas. and u can have bonus skills like cooking and cleaning and stuff that some people might put extra points into of course as well, because they want u to stay only in the house or something... what ever each their own.

• Combination of all of them obviously. No guy is gonna go "Well her personality is shit and she's ugly but she has a nice body so I'm gonna date her" or "she has a terrible body and I don't find her attractive at all but I'm gonna date her anyway cause she has a nice personality"

That's not how it works.

• Number one... ACCOUNTABILITY. Can you admit when your wrong, or do you get angry because your tripping over your own guilt?

Be teachable, and decisive.

More importantly how many people have you loved and lost of your own volition? Are you prone too sabotaging personal relationships?

These are questions I'd wanna know for a potential LTR.

As for casual relationships. Just be Pro choice and don't expect much.

• Looks and Body are very important, but there are lots of pretty girls out there. For me personality is the most important. Specifically do our personalities match or agree with each other.

• You should have had a Vote E option ( all of the above ) because we look for a bit of all 4 option in when dealing with attraction

• You should have added another option a combination of all of those. I have refused to date very hot girls with shallow personality, on the other hand I have dated cute average girls with great personality and smart to be around. It Is chemistry and impression. But for us guys looks count a lot but not so much! after a certain point. If there are lets say 4 guys whose look is fine for us (find them cute not necessary hot, even average whatever just pleasing for our eyes) then we see personality and body

• I feel so old. I don't even care. It just has to be alive.

• One is tempted to say all of above but for me personality

• Needs all for me but I could get over an average or below average body, a below average personality though... not going to fly for me.

• All of the above. We want a girl who ticks as many of our boxes as possible. She doesn't have to be the ideal.

• Combination, just like girls usually want a guy who is strong, intelligent, caring, and has a good body/face/hair. Its the same way when it comes to guys preferences.

• Personally I think personality trumps looks hands down. If someone has a bad personality I won't want to look at them anyway so looks wouldn't really matter. I do think that an alright personality could work with a nice body, best of both worlds and all, but looks don't make my world go round. I just recently found someone that may be my other half and it's the personality that makes her super sexy. It's her personality and just enjoying me for me and vice versa. It's not fake and I love that. More often than not good looks are applied to a very average person. So fake! We live a life based solely on perception so you obviously should be happy with what you see, but that's only one of the five senses that make up our perceptive existence. So as I see it... find someone that makes you feel alive and triggers feelings that you didn't even know you had. It feels amazing!

• It hasten change!:) I used to go after attractive brunettes and they will date other guys and play hard to get or just hurt your poor heart:( yeah, personality matter more. Like a girl that would love you for who you are are reject the guys who approach her cause she's dating you

• Honestly, looks will get you noticed. Although at the end of the day it's all about her personality, traits, sense of humor and all that good stuff. Looks only last so long. If I wanna date a pretty girl but lacks the mindset. I mine as well date a blowup doll

• tiny waist
    nice ass
    decent tits
    short in height
    good facial structure
    educated
    good job
    healthy hair
    good teeth

• An even mix between a good personality and body... We're all going to get old and ugly so who cares...

• All of the above.

I have never understood the millions of questions asked by women on which *one* thing we look for in women.

We can desire more than one thing, ya know.

• Not fat.

• Looks matter to some degree, but when I meet a girl, I determine whether or not she is even worth talking to by her personality.

• It has always been and will always be the same thing - Looks/body for sexual attraction, personality for long term commitment.

• why do you want to know , evertyime a guy opens his mouth to say something girls are quick to shut him up and tell him he doesn't get to judge any girl and should settle for wahtever life throws at him.

• Looks are not everything but being easy on the eyes AND having a great personality are hard to come by. I have met a very nice woman recently and am looking forward to getting to know more about her.

• Just lmao we aren't all of looking for girls. This is why joined MGTOW.

• Personality. Loyalty. Laughter. Sweetness. Good spirited (not in a religious way). Loving.
    That is something, that is very rare to come by.

But what do girls look for in guys?

• 25d

i look for personality because if he's sweet, thoughtful, full of laughter and an all around kind hearted guy... well that's the best guy you can ask for. looks are just a bonus for me :)

• 25d

Wish I could find a girl like that.

• all of the above, in a way that is a good match.

• A, B, and C

• I want a cute girl, who is smart, and has a sweet ass. That's all I need =D

• More from Guys
    49

What Girls Said 6

• Fat ass

• Both looks and personality and it depends one what kind of guy's attention you want.

• Looks matter first, personality matters more.

• Looks and personality... The whole package.

• I hate the guys that said looks it's shallow of them.

• Looks looks and more looks. Most guys look for personality but majority of them go for looks.