Would you date a smoker?

So there's this really cute guy I'm going out with this weekend. He's pretty much perfect in a lot of ways, except he smokes. I don't know if this is going to be a deal breaker or not. Would you date a smoker? Have you dated a smoker? Are you a smoker dating a non-smoker? What are your experiences with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's more of a deal breaker. Depending on there personality, smokers sucks at handling stress, they are killing there health, and most of all they tend to not deal with there problems right off the bat.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried dating smokers and it just isn't for me. My boyfriend actually smoked at the start and I told him I can't be a smoker so he quit completely which was a huge deal to me :) But I would not date a smoker again. My dad had a stroke caused by smoking too much and I'm not going through that shit again. I now have a child as a father basically due to the stroke and it's too much. I know this is extreme but my life situation has shaped me to be repulsed by smoking. Plus the smell of it is horrid.

What Guys Said 13

• No. It's one of my deal breakers.

• Date? I'd not even ask a smoker to hang out with me.

• Smoking is a turn off for me :/
    I don't smoke myself

• I wish i was not a social smoker cause i would quit if i had a girlfriend in my life
    i would never want to expose her to second hand cigarette smoking..

• I dated a smoker once and managed to make her quit smoking. If she wouldn't quit smoking I would have left her, I told her since we were dating that I hate smoking and that it was very bad for her too.

• I would not.

• Yeah I dated with smoker, it isn't a deal breaker but I find it disgusting anyway.

• No. I hate the smell of someone who's been smoking and the smoke irritates my eyes and my throat.

• Gross. If you aren't a smoker, won't you taste and smell it when kissing?

• As a non-smoker i dated a girl that smoked.
    No bother at all, she just liked it.
    Be aware of bad taste while french kissing. Mints are not always very effective especially after a fresh cigar.

• As an occasionnal smoker , it's a big turn off for me.

• No.
    Was in a relationship with a girl who smoked... won't do it again.

• I wouldn't let that convince me not to date someone who smokes

What Girls Said 6

• It's definitely a big turn off. It would bother me for sure.
    But if otherwise he is worth it, then yes I would. But he would have expect me to try stopping him from smoking.

• I would not date a smoker. It's an enormous turn off.

• Never.

• I wouldn't mind it, I enjoy a cig now and then myself :)

Same , i wouldn't mind it if she smokes once in a while like me but what turns me off is the addiction not the smoking itself.

• Major deal breaker.

• I never date a smoker.