Is he chickening out to meet me?

So I've been talking to this guy for several months, and then we decided to make it a long distance relationship because we've been so open and intimate with each other and I genuinely like him. We've been together for about 5 months now and I really want to see him. He lives about 6 hours away from me, and a few friends of mine were thinking of having a road trip and on our way we'd be stopping by his town, its a quite famous place for night outs so my friends wanted to stay the night there before we continue on. I told him that and he said he was excited to meet me. Then yesterday he messaged me and said he doesn't know if he can meet me cause he's got essays to write for his economics class that are due in soon in a few days. Of course I was really disappointed but surely you'd want to try to make up time to meet someone you're in a LDR with even if its just for 5 minutes?

Is he just chickening out, too nervous to meet me or do you think he's genuinely busy?

Also, I know he's not a catfish, we've had Skype calls before.

• Too nervous to meet you
  • Genuinely busy
  • I don't know
27d Update

Most Helpful Girl

• He could be. Its not uncommon for people to chicken out before meeting someone, especially if you've been intimate as you say. The pressure just builds up and it becomes nerve wracking and they really don't want the first meeting to go wrong. Making up just 5 minutes of your time to meet someone is just the same time as just going to the toilet tho, I mean... Im not sure what excuse would be good enough to avoid just 5 mins of their time for someone who's come all the way...
    Another thing could be because he might have a lot of work to do, he might also be worried that once he sees you he would probably want to stay with you for longer lol.
    But we could never know.

• 28d

Is there any way I could convince him to see me? To put him at ease?

• 28d

Not that I know of... He might change his mind when you get there though I don't know. Just message him and tell him you're there and he'll start thinking about it, a lot. Could even call him I guess?

What Guys Said 1

• lol I'm sorry but your boyfriend is a pussy

What Girls Said 1

• I'd make any time to meet someone Im LDR with. He's definitely chickening out.