Guys, can a girl say "I love you" first?

I have been dating him for over 5 months now and I know that I love him. I feel it. I wake up next to him and I know that I love him. This is the first SERIOUS relationship I've had in a long time. When we got together I had kind of sworn off men and then it hit me. We are both a little older (he's 28 and I'm 22) and more mature and comfortable with who we are and where we are going in life. I just want to tell him that I love him, not because I expect some kind of huge gesture to follow. Just because I want to tell him how I feel.

So, is it okay for a girl to say "I love you" first or would you feel pressured after that?

What Guys Said 7

• No. it's illegal and punishable by stoning

• No. Harlots!

• Lol, really? oh what has humanity come to... if you love the man, tell him already!

• Of course she can.

• Never say it first

• ". We are both a little older "

22 is not older... You're still a baby in the eyes of most adults.

• I prefer she says it first but only after we've been together for 6 months.

• 27d

Damn that's specific

• 27d

@theresat0 I think it's better if people wait 6 months even if they feel in love earlier so the other person should feel it too by then. Some people take longer than a few weeks to fall for someone, and it wouldn't feel very good to say it and not hear it back.

• 25d

6 months 3 days 23 hours 13 minutes and 21 seconds
      if she doesn't say it within that exact time that bitch can die!

What Girls Said 17

• I said it first around 6 months in. I think tell him, guys like to know they are wanted and cared for just as much as we do, and you could always throw in the "I don't need you to say anything I just wanted you to know"

• Of course u can say it first I think after 5 months if ur feeling it u can say it but just b ready for both responses to it the "I love u" back or the no "I love u back" cuz he may not b where u r at feeling wise yet and that okay everyone goes at their own speed I've never said it first but I've had guys do it and I wasn't ready to say I would tell them that I love them but I'm not in love with them yet but if I was ready to say I love u I would doesn't matter if I'm first express ur feeling

• Of course. I said it first myself :)

• I don't have the ability not to speak my mind so if I love someone I tell them. I don't care who says it first and I've never met a guy who cared. But they were usually more worried about scaring me off by saying it.

• YAASSSS that would be way better!

• Well, i said it first, it was an accident, but i said it first.

• why not

• If you truly love him go or
    I told my boyfriend I loved him first.

• Of course, anyone can say it first.

• Why the hell not¿

• you can kinda feel if it is right or wrong. if you have to ask about it and dont feel 100% comfy about it. then don't do it.. yet

• Yes of course they can if that is how you truly feel.

• if you think he loves u too.. then go for it..

• I told my boyfriend I love him first

• I would never say it first. I learned my lesson.

• that is not allowed and you know that

• Of course its okay! I kinda said it first but we were being vague about it and I knew he loved me too but that was after I don't know a couple of weeks.. don't judge haha. I don't get people who don't love their boyfriend or girlfriend after A year? But okay, just say it, its 2016 and we girls should be able to say anything we want 😊😊