Guys, would you ever ask out a girl if you didn't actually want to go out with her?

like would you take all th the steps to ask out a girl but then not be serious about it? If so, why? And this is a girl that you don't know, not like an ex or something.

• Yes
    29% (17)
  • No
    71% (41)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and i also go to the toilet when i don't have to just because i like wasting my time.

No. What kind of a stupid question is that?

What Guys Said 27

• I won't ask a girl out then not take her. That's mean. But I have asked a couple of girls out before who were not of interest to me.
    My reasoning in both cases was because they were interfering in my real interest in another girl. In both cases, they were 'that friend' who decided they didn't like me and decided they were going to keep me from pursuing their friend.
    I would have taken them out, but neither accepted my date offer, of course. But asking them out certainly worked great for knocking them off balance and regaining control of the situation

• Depending on your definition of "going out"... I wouldn't go through the stress to ask some random out if i wasn't interested... but
    back in the day, me and my boys used to dare each other to do stuff like approach and seduce girls or maybe get a number or ask out. Yea, those times weren't serious... but in the midst of all that, a few of them became interesting...

• Two different questions. Title should be 100% no, who asks a girl out and doesn't want to go out? Unless it's an obvious joke for whatever reason.

Asking a girl and not being serious seems like player/fwb.

• I don't see a reason for that. If I wanted to have sex with her but didn't want to date her I would I guess, but if I just didn't want to se her then I wouldn't go through all that effort.

• I wouldn't. Seems pointless. If I wasn't interested in someone, why would I waste the time trying to have them to out with me?

• Someone who is looking for experience and gaining confidence might do this. Try things with a girl he is not seriously into so he can avoid the pressure of making things perfect and worry about rejection. If he makes a mistake or gets rejected he won't feel crushed because he never really wanted that girl. Once he gets through this stage it will be easier for him to ask out the girl he is aiming for.

• The only reason that I can think of is that the guy wants sex from her. If we remove that aspect, I doubt any would want to take someone out that they are not interested.

• Sure. If I just want to fuck her, but don't actually want to go out with her, I'd do this.

Or if I know she's a total cunt but she seems attracted to me, I'd do this and then either stand her up and never reply to any texts or calls, or as soon as she says yes to "You want to go do X". respond with "Have fun!" and walk away. Just to bring her down a peg or two for being a cunt.

• I wouldn't want to play with a girl's feeling that way.

• For both our sakes I wouldn't. I don't like deceiving people. And I'd rather spend time alone than to be with someone I don't want to be with.

• i'm an idiot and misunderstood the question... no way i'd do that

• No, I wouldn't waste her time.

• Oh hell yeah, sometimes I do it with girls that have been really annoying towards me. Just to see what is up.

Then I make a joke out of it with her and if I turn out to actually like her, then you know, we will go on a date.

• If i ask a girl out i would hope that we would become more than friends.
    I would ask her out as a friend for while to see how things go cause I
    wouldn't want push things too fast cause i don't want make a girl uncomfortable.

• Of course not thats retarded

• when people know each other i have seen stuff liek this, but when its a stranger, why?

• Yes.

• No. That would be stupid.

• Nope. I'm not desperate and it's a waste of both her and my time.

• No, I don't play with people's feelings.

• I rather loneliness than something fleeting as like been in a relationship that won´t last long.

• No I would not. I don't ask out girls because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• Not me personally but some guys would go out with a girl just to go out with that girl whether she's hot or populate etc also some might go out with a girl for practice if they haven't really dated many people but not me

• No. it's not cool to lead on people.

• Of course not lol

• It' too much to be honest. I can ask out girls I know, why work for one?

• I would never waste my time with someone i was not interested in.