How to get a guy's phone number?

I'm friends with him on Facebook, but we only message each other when we have to ask a quick question. It would feel weird to me to carry out a longer conversation via Facebook messenger, so I'd like to get his phone number. How can I do this without seeming too awkward or upfront about it?

What Guys Said 19

• I had this girl constantly liking all my pictures on facebook for like a month. I never met her but we mutual friends. I eventually messaged her and got her number. She later told me she was too nervous to ask. It's honestly as simple as asking. It doesn't come off as desperate if you do it right. If you wait too long, you build this unnecessary anxiety ridden vibe with them.

I always tell people if you're attracted to someone, just make it evident. No shame in that. People are generally flattered when you let them know they are attracted to them. How you followup on that is what puts you into the category of desperate/creepy or potential girlfriend/boyfriend.

• I'm not sure if you like this guy, but if you do there is one way you could go about it.

Step 1: Ask if he wants to go do something with you?

Step 2: If he says yes, say ok cool, what's your number and I'll text you?

The good thing about going this route is that you can avoid the awkwardness of asking for the number by making sure he wants to hangout.

If you only want to make it easier to say, ask a question. Just be like hey, I don't get on Facebook often. Do you mind if I text you instead?

Then bam, you're in.

• "We should text" "text me"
    It's better to have some rapport and have a good conversation, even brief, then ask.

• Just ask him and tell him just what we told us on here. I'm sure he'll understand.

• Probably better to ask him in person.

• version 1
    tell him that you want to text more often with him, but you re not that often online in FB so you ask if he wants YOUR number, he will call or text you
    Version2:
    Just tell him you want to hear his voice or you want to talk with him directy, again YOU give him YOUR number sohe got to do the next step

• I've asked for girls numbers by saying the wifi is bad or data is spotty (truthfully). Not sure if this is good advice

• Hey can I have your number?

• just ask him it is simple way... if he likes to talk with u he will give u otherwise he will say other things and dodge the question

• how about asking

• Is there a link option?

• Message him and ask him to text/call your phone because you can't find it.

• " Hey could I get your number to text you because my messenger is kinda messing up and it's getting annoying "

• Ask him " Can i whatapp you" plain and easy and he should catch on.

• Easiest way? "Hey can I get your number so I can call you? I need to run something by you..."

• hey
    are you on whatsapp?
    let me have your number so we can chat

• u could out rite ask only thing he cud say is no

• Have an activity together, he would definitely ask you for your number.

• I want ur cock, now listen to me, give me ur number

What Girls Said 11

• Just message him "hey, send me your phone number. I want to text you". People overthink these things too much.

• Make sure you aren't somewhere with wifi and you are using Facebook on your phone, say your internet data is running out and ask if you can text instead...

• Have a casual conversation on messenger and then say, "It'd be a lot easier to message you via text. Wanna exchange numbers?"

• Why is it weird to carry out a longer conversation on Facebook messenger? It's actually a texting app too.

• Do start a longer conversation, taking minutes to reply each time and then say something like: this isn't practical. Wanna talk about whatsapp instead?
    If he responds positively, give your number.

• Give him your number and ask if he'd mind swapping to texting instead of msgnr

• Ask him in real life

• It depends on how do you know the guy? are you guys friends?

• 28d

We have a class together and volunteer with the same club every week

• 28d

You can let him send you a picture of a page in a book or so, or you can just be straight forward and ask for his number, I don't think its a very wrong idea

• 28d

We have a separate messenger group for the class, so I can't use any of the typical excuses like asking about the class bc we use the main group a lot

• I would probably just talk to him in person and ask him for his number! It seems like that's just easier than having some big elaborate plan.

• I understand it's hard to get a guys number. From past experiences online just say "Hey it's easier to text here's my number 1***•***•****" that's how I got a guys number hope this helped!

• Be patient and let him give it