Did your relationship change after you had sex with your partner?

I feel like it brought us closer together. What about you?

Do you expect regular sex after the first time?

What Guys Said 10

• When I was in my early 18s -20s I found every girl I met and had sex with completely pushed the relationship forward at a fast pace which could be a bad thing if you were never compatible. At age 25 I simply won't let sex influence my relationship pace but yes after sex expect much more just be cautious when falling for someone

• Not in a relationship currently but it does change yeah. There's a deeper level of trust and a deeper seeded emotional connection.

• yes closer, as it should.
    yes, its like pandoras box, once u open it its not closing unless u leave.
    i hate chicks that try to do the sex thing then roll it back... that means the relationship is basically on its way out already. cause its going backward not forward.

• if he likes you it can get beter, if he just wanted sex it gets worse. he didn't have to have sex to know what he was after... but girls won't know this ususally

• Sex changes everything.

Do I expect regular sex after having it the first time with a woman? Kind of... although I'd probably phrase that differently.

• not true in all cases... suppose if I do sex with prostitute it won't change my relationship with her...

• Not really.

• Nope, I never been in a relationship and I never had sex because i'm asexual/aromantic

• Yes got better more sex lol

• Yeah usually it does and then we do have sex more often

What Girls Said 11

• I think for us it helped us become more intimate and less like friends. We got together at 15, having met at 11, so our relationship was still pretty childish and teasing and just like close friends at the start. I think that when we did have sex, we kinda progressed on just a tiny bit from that (to be honest, we're still childish and teasing and close friends with each other) and it became something a bit deeper.

• Yes, in a way similar to what it sounds like you experienced.
    It changed it in that it just feels like something that brought our relationship to a whole new level. To a level on which the intimacy, trust, and genuine care we have for each other continues to grow more and more, even three years later.

(I didn't expect sex on the regular or anything after the first time. He was the first guy I ended up being regularly sexually active with so I kind of went into it as an almost blank slate. Next to no expectations/assumptions.)

• Yeah when I was in relationships and we had sex. It did somewhat bring us closer together. But for me, its more to a relationship than sex. I find that most people tend to think being in a relationship requires constant sex nonstop and nothing else matters. Thats so many are unhappy in relationships now.

• Not really. I mean they was a level of trust and intimacy that increased but nothing dramatically different.

• Yes. It got way better, closer, stronger.

• It brought us closer but also made us more crazy. That's life when you're dating someone just as psycho as you lmfao

• Yes I went from I'm having sex with a friend to I could possibly really fall in love with this person and then to I am happy my boyfriend and I have a deep bond

• I already knew It was already headed in that direction but yes it was amazing. We fck like nobodies business, and make the sweetest love at the same time. Click perfectly.

• Right after sex, no. But we did get closer over time.

• Sorry please

• Definitely has brought us closer. I feel a deeper connection with him now, than ever. Intimacy doesn't necessarily change anything, but closer, definitely. If I expect to have sex regularly? Well, depends. I guess. Haven't really thought about it. But yeah, wouldn't mind it. Think it's healthy and to some extent important. x