I'm 16 but I like a girl that's 13. What should I do?

I'm a 16 year old guy and my mom is an 8th grade teacher. A couple weeks ago I visited her at the school. Me and her were in a room with a couple of students. One of the girls were one of her students. She walked up to us and said "Mrs (name), is this your son?". My mom said I am and asked why she wanted to know. She said "cause he looks like you". The whole time she had a grin on her face looking back and forth between me and my mom. Yesterday me and my mom saw her in the grocery store. They talked for about a minute. Today in school my mom said that, again, she said I look just like my mom. I'm starting to like her. The thing is, I'm 16 and she's 13 or 14. Am I too old for her? Do girls like older guys? She'll go to the high school next year, but I'll be a senior. What should I do?

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on both of you.. I mean in a few years it won't matter anymore like when she's 20 you'll be 23... Heck my parents have an age difference of 4years... It only seems weird now but when you way older , those 3 years apart are nothing to be worried about

• I feel like it's inappropriate since she is your mother's student, but once she's in high school, it might be better. As long as you don't have any bad intentions, it should be fine. A three year age gap isn't a big deal.

• I think it matters more to the parents than it does to you two. I will say that you two are at different points in your life so I'm doubtful about it working out long term. But I don't see the harm asking her out when she's in high school. My husband is 6 years older than me but we met while I was in college.

• Yeah that's a big difference at this age.

• That's huge difference at this age. She is basically a child. You are too old for her.

What Guys Said 4

• At that age, sorta. Sorta, LOL!!! The younger you are, the worse it is. 19 and 16, not bad. 21 and 18 no problem. 16 and 13 is still a bit creepy. Like you would be kissing a little girl, you know?

• I'm about to be 24. My girlfriend is 19. I don't really think that your age difference is really that far apart. My first girlfriend was 16 and I was 13, it really didn't seem that weird.

• Wait until you're 21 and she's 18 just to be sure you're clear of the pedo zone.

• First of all I am from Europe and all I can say is that in our culture 2-3 year age difference is not that much of a big deal as long as you obviously respect the sex part.

Well it looks like you have good intentions and it looks like you actually like the girl for the right reasons. That makes you different from many guys who might be in it only for the getting laid part.

I would say go for it, maybe indeed wait until she is also in high school as indeed that could be slightly awkward.

But morally I see nothing wrong.

Obviously you shouldn't start with sex and that sort of stuff until she reaches an appropriate age but if you like the way she is then asking her out would be a great idea!

Good luck!