How can you tell a guy genuinely likes you and not just looking to hook up?

This guy in my class gets nervous and shy when he is around me and doesn't talk very much. He always smiles and waves at me and says hi/bye. It seems like he wants to say more but never does and I can tell that he likes me because he stares at me a lot. Do guys act this way when they care about a girl and want to date her or just hook up?

What Guys Said 3

• Oh come on, now even shy guys are players? Fuckin' hell! If you think a guy who is nervous and shy around you wants to just fuck you and bounce, then you are crazy. I would think the only time women need to worry about a guy only wanting sex is when he's perfect at everything.

• its either puppy love or he finds you attractive and that only. its hard to say wothout seeing it for myself sorry

• You can't tell. He seems to actually like you from the mentioned behavior.

What Girls Said 1

• It kind of depends how old he is and whether or not he's been in a lot of relationships before. He seems to genuinely like you in my opinion.