How can you tell if he's only in it for sex?

Now don't get me wrong. Sex is awesome. HOWEVER, I am currently looking for an actual relationship and am not interested in wasting my time dating a guy only to sleep with him and off he goes.

I've been single for a while now and my last relationship was a long, serious one so I'm not so versed in fending off the fuck boys.

I always figured that if you made them wait a bit for sex then the ones only interested in a "hit and run" wouldn't put that kind of time in. But apparently, according to my friends that is not the case. And apparently Fuck boys aren't easy to detect as they come across super nice and "boyfriendy". Yay dating.

Sooo any solid ways of weeding out the fuck boys from the ones actually looking for a relationship? Guys and girls opinions welcome!

Most Helpful Girl

• The best say to 'weed out the fuckboys' is to just ask them what they're looking for. If they're only interested in fucking/getting physical, or if they want something more. Tell them that you're only interested in sex if it's the latter from their end and that should help you in your quest. 👌

What Guys Said 4

• Pay attention to where he spends his time and attention. Is he getting to know you as a person? Is his time and attention being spent to build your friendship? Or is he spending his time why you hinting, talking about and/or pushing sex.

You put your time and attention into where your heart is.

• The best way that I have learned from my female freinds is to just tell the guy that your waiting until your honeymoon for sex. You can always sexily tease him and wispier into his ear that you were lying while your undressing him

• That's a really, really tough one because the problem is your age. At your age, the one-and-done hookup is just so common. Your friends are completely right -- making them wait doesn't really do anything because a "fuckboy" is moving on multiple women in parallel so he's able to run his game without risking celibacy. And yeah, of course they aren't easy to detect -- it's a game and you're talking about guys who play it well which is why they have so much success with women.

So, what I would suggest might not be what you want to hear -- don't worry about it. You're at a really special time in your life, that is, the prime mating age of humans. This is all part of being young and rather than reject it, you should embrace this time. Right now, everyone around you is single, everyone around you is looking for a mate and your options are nearly limitless. When you're 30, you'll find that things aren't like this at all and dating completely changes, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Your options are more limited, every potential mate has baggage (kids, divorces, still-being-married, etc.). Right now, you don't have to deal with any of that and it really is a beautiful thing.

• Do stuff together and don't have sex for as long as possible. If it doesn't bother him that you're not being sexually "active", then it's the relationship he's in for.

What Girls Said 2

• Let me know when you find out!

• Do not have sex with him before dating him and in the beginning of your relationship if you two do date. Wait for a long while, these are how you know he isn't just wanting sex.