What should I do for our first date?

FIRST dates should be special but I don't know what to do...

• Picnic
  • Stroll in the park
  • Coffe
  • Other (describe in comments)

What Guys Said 14

• I would say go for a coffee if you can be in a place that isn't too crowded and isn't too noisy. It's nice to have a little bit of privacy so that you can talk and connect. If not the coffee then maybe for lunch somewhere. The first time I really spend time with a girl I want her somewhat to myself and in a place where there is opportunity for conversation. If it's all too loud, too busy and too active then you can spend hours literally learning nothing about the other person.

• It's already going to be awkward, so you might as well do karaoke! Put yourself out there and get to know each other really quickly! And you can make fun of other people as a bonus. :-)

• I think a stroll in the park with some food is good. It's fall, parks are beautiful this time of the year.

• I would do a picnic on the beach at sunset.

• First dates are special because of company not what you do. They are usually more meet and greets. See if there is something there. Second dates/third dates are more for planning...

• McDonald's.

• Plan it. I would take her out for Mexican food.

• depends on the temperature there.

• Go for coffee. Apparently drinking warm drinks with someone also creates warm feelings

• My girl and me had a walk through the park.

• Coffee

• If you're getting to know him coffee, if you already know him a walk in the park.

• our first date?

• I usally take my first dates on a horse back riding for first dates

What Girls Said 19

• I believe SECOND dates are what should get the better investment. The first date should be lowkey and casual... something to take the stress off of things and not over pressure them... you know... just in case it bombs. And then... once you've clarified that this is someone you can enjoy in a casual atmosphere and would like to keep seeing [and that it's mutual]... THEN you plan an awesome and memorable SECOND date. Trust me... you'll quickly learn... in dating... it's rarely about where and a lot more about who. My boyfriend and I can road trip 90% without a radio because we consistently enjoy each other's company.

• A first date doesn't need to be "special".. it just needs to be a good opportunity to get to know your date. So, sitting down for a drink or going for a stroll are good options because they allow you to talk. If you're a bit shy, maybe do something a bit more active so there is a way to fill the awkward gaps in conversation and a common activity to comment on... like bowling, mini putt, driving range, etc.

• Coffee is so plain. If you want it to be special and fun, show the good and fun side of you. Go to a carnival or something. Get tickets to a hockey game or NBA game lol. Something where you can show the fun side of you. Not a side where you buy her a coffee, sit for 30 mins and talk about the same stuff that you do with every other person you meet.
    STAND OUT AND BE DIFFERENT!!!
    Holy sh*t people need to change their ways nowadays... go to the beach or go for a walk downtown, or go for a walk somewhere during sunset. Those always are the best lighting ;)

• Since it's a FIRST date, and obviously I don't know your history or how long you've known each other, so I'm taking this to be two people who are kind of new to each other, I say coffee is a good place to start and if you two get along and choose to make more plans on the day then that's cool.

Something like a picnic I think is quite romantic and better suited for once you are already a couple or at least started down that path.

Stroll in the park is nice, could do it after coffee.

• If you've never talked to this guy before, the classic date is some day activity (like the ones you listed in the poll) followed by a nice dinner if everything goes well.

If you've been talking to this guy regularly up to this date, then try doing something that he had an interest in. Like, if he mentioned his love for the aquarium or the amusement park. He'll be more interested and generally be happier during the date if you take him somewhere that he likes.

• Some of my favourites:
    -Cook dinner together and play some board games
    -Concert
    -Indoor rock wall
    -Bowling or mini golf
    - Indoor trampoline parks
    -A museum
    -comedy show or magician

Or the age old Dinner and movie always works too I suppose.

• a stroll in the park WITH coffee. Anything relaxed where you can get to know and talk with someone

• Coffee if you don't know eachother, walk in the park if you already know each other a bit.

• coffee

• Bowling, ice skating, or go to paint nite where you can dine and paint at the same time or go for a picnic and do the same so you don't have to waste money, go hiking, go to a museum. Just do something crazy and fun and memorable.

• Sitting in a nice cafe, the outside is cold. The inside is warm and cosy as you sit opposite each other and talk about your lives. I could see myself falling for someone in such a nice environment

• Cafe is the best for first meeting

• Ask him what he likes

• Coffee is an easy escape route if you're not feeling the chemistry.

• coffee

• You know in the end it doesn't really matter and what matters is you two's connection and chemistry? Go somewhere you're most comfortable would be my advice to you

• I know most girls would disagree but try and seduce the guy to see if he's relationship material.

• A picnic is cute

• You two should go the movies or a nice restaurant and talk to each other. Try to get to know each other better.

Never been on a first date tho😑