Can friends with benefits turn into something more?

there's this guy I like , we are so close and we decided to be friends with benefits , today was like our second round , first time when we hooked up he told me he had feelings for me and the other day he denied it, today we hanged out with a bunch of friends and decided that we want to be like this, do you think its a good chance to be turned into a relationship? What are the advantages and disadvantages of friends with benefits?

22d When I told him I'm you're sister he was like no you just friendzoned me, what do that means?

What Guys Said 9

• I can't say that it *never* happens, because exceptions DO exist, but the vast, VAST majority of the time, it will NOT happen.

A lot of girls think (or act like) friends with benefits is a stop on the road to a relationship - an intermediate destination. Most guys see a relationship and friends with benefits as two completely different destinations - like France and Hawaii - and there's no road that connects the two; they're in completely different hemispheres.

In fact, most of the time, being friends with benefits makes it LESS likely that a relationship will happen, because once a guy is already getting sex, UNLESS he has strong romantic feelings for the girl from the beginning, then he's already getting every benefit without most of the liabilities, expectations, and restrictions that come with a relationship.

So, for a guy, going from friends with benefits to a relationship is like asking someone making tax-free money to voluntarily pay 40% taxes to pay for things that will not be of any direct benefit to him. Very, very few guys will choose to do that - UNLESS, again, he had strong romantic feelings for the girl from the very beginning.

• Your situation is exactly what can go wrong. You are quite interested and he seems to be fine with the sex. friends with benefits means you get sex that really doesn't mean anything. Two people enter into the relationship because they are horny, but not interested in a relationship. The biggest pratfall is when one person becomes romantically interested and the other does not. It hurts the one wanting more and the person who just wants friends with benefits is blamed. If you want romance, you have to tell him. Until you do, he is not responsible for whatever happens to you. The fact that he said he likes you does not mean that he is romantically interested. He likes you, a pretty normal thing. If I had friends with benefits with anyone, I can assure you that I would like that person. It does not mean anything more. The vast majority of friends with benefits relationships do not end with both party's happy. Usually the one who wants to quit the relationship is hurting the other even though there should be no hurt feelings. You also lose the friend you had before you started the risky behavior. I wish you good luck.

• I never understood the friends with benefits logic how can you have sex with someone you have no feeling for or just for the fun it if he told you he has feelings for you? how do you feel about that?

• Maybe. But probably not into something good. The best relationship involve the man pursuing the girl. Being good and loyal to her because an issue of honor. that's what you want.

• Nope

• Sometimes a friends with benefits can be turn into more than that, so you can try that

• 22d

And when he said you friendzoned him, it means that you want nothing more than being friends with him

• Generally no

• Yes, if both persons work together on it. They can make a serious relationship happen.

• friends with benefits shouldn't even exist as a term. also most women develop feelings at some point. if you can't be a true slut then dont do it!

What Girls Said 3

• hi, hunny i think the only ones capable of friends with benefits are the male variety and yes they can have feelings for you and care about you and talk with you and act almost like a boyfriend only difference is the clause is, THEY ARE NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND and therefore free to do whatever they want with whom they want... simples... xx

• Its a possibility. Yes but again remember at any chance he gets he can throw the fact that he slept with you on the first date and assume you must do that to everyone. Proceed with caution.

• No. Men only care about sex, once they get the pussy they will only see you as sex