Guys, if you started talking to a girl in your college class, does that mean you want to date her or are you just being friendly?

What Guys Said 8

• Its tough to say, because we can't hear his tone of voice, and tbh, you didn't give quite a lot of detail. Casual conversation is sometimes an easy way to just get a feel for someone, how they act, what they like, so on so forth. Casual conversation can happen with whatever gender, and doesn't necessarily mean he likes you, but here are things to look out for.
    -Does he approach you for conversation?
    -Does he ask you questions?
    -What type of questions does he ask?
    -How often does he talk to you?
    -Where are his eyes when he talks to you (are they dilated aka, are his pupils bigger)

If he is trying to find out more about you, chances are he is trying to get to know you, so maybe he can ask you out. However, if he just talks every so often, you talk to him and vice versa, it could just be him simply striking a conversation because he feels like talking to someone.

Hope that helps :)

• 28d

thanks for the detailed answer :)

• It can mean anything, he might just be friendly, he might like you, he might be bored. Next time you guys talk, check his body language. I know when I'm around a girl I like, she's the center of my attention; and holding my attention like that is hard as I get distracted easily

• 28d

thanks! how do you act when you say she's the center of your attention?

• It's more likely that he wants to date her, but it's possible he's just being friendly. I guess it depends on the guy and what his actual intentions are.

• Most of the... all of the time, I was just being friendly

• In my case it's friendliness

• Most of the time I want to grab the by the... jk jk. Yeah most of the time I want to date them.

• What is he saying?

just like a casual conversation.

Then most likely being friendly, unless he ask if you are seeing someone, then he is feeling you out.

• Most likely he wants to date you if he is approaching you, but that's not definitely what the case is it also depends on how he treats you when he talks to you

Thanks! what do you mean by it depends on how he treats you when he talks to you? ?

Like if he teases you or acts concerned like in a guardian sort of way he might be romantically interested, but if it's more so like he talks to you the way he would his close guy friends while I wouldn't rule out romantic interest it's more likely that he sees you as a good friend.

What Girls Said 1

• It probably means they are being friendly.