Interracial couples: white girl/ Asian guy?

What do you think about inter-racial couples? My boyfriend is chinese and i am white.

Are you in an interracial relationship and what is your experience?

What Guys Said 11

• I am more a fan of the white guy/asian girl relationships 🙈

As long as there aren't significant language barries or vastly different beliefs/values, then I don't see why it should be a problem. Although supposedly interacial marriages have higher divorce risks.

thoughtcatalog.files.wordpress.com/.../divorce.jpg

thoughtcatalog.com/.../

• huh all my relationships over the last decade have been interracial lol... from my ex wife to all the women since.. There can be challenges but its nothing that can't be overcome

• ' let love rule'

• as long as you love each other... nothing matters.

• Asian/White is fine.

• 21d

Well, hello to you too hater. (The downvoter that follows me around)

• Thats normal :)

• Your dad is white your brother ( if you have one) is white, but there not good enough for you to be with?

• 21d

How does it make you feel knowing you are breeding out your own race, that because of white women, there will be no more white people, that you are breeding them out like dogs. There will be blacks, there will be Latinos, Asian, and Arabs. But your people will be gone?

• Your boyfriend seems very small for a white chick, good luck with that ;D

Yeah I had 3-4 gfs from diffrent ethnicities.

• Cool now maybe White girls can stop complaining when a White guys with an Asian girl and calling it a fetish or she's just with him for money :P

• 21d

I don't necessarily have an issue with white men dating Asian women, just I don't care when white women date Asian women. But there are white men who do indeed fetishize Asian women, or women of color in general. Being attracted to Asian women is not wrong. But regarding them as "exotic" or "more ideal women" than other women is.

• 21d

@JJJ001100 Plenty White guys are shy too. My experience was the opposite of yours, there was many Asians and Hispanics at my school. The Asian guys, while shy, had the Asian girls to ask out who basically largely stuck with them. The White girls however were dating everyone so White guys didn't have that option.

• 21d

I'm not saying it's okay when women do it either. Fetishizing a human being in general is wrong to me. Asian women shouldn't be regarded as "better women" because they're "more demure" and know how to "please their men", and black men should not be regarded as "more primal lovers." Any other race related fetish under the sun is just as bad.

• I couldn't care less about interracial dating, it doesn't bother me and I've got more problems in my life than worrying about who some insignificant stranger is dating.

• So. you are pissing on your family. Disrespecting there memory. And weakening your race. Why?

What Girls Said 14

• I'm part of an 'interracial' couple where my boyfriend is Asian and I'm white. I think nothing of it- we're two humans in a relationship. Not much different than any other couple, only that I guess there's more variance in our cranial structure/levels of melanin in our skin. I hate it when people feel the need to peg us as 'interracial'. 😑

• 21d

What is wrong with white guys, do they not make you happy?

• 21d

They didn't have to they could of thrown you in to the adoption. But they didn't they loved you cared for you. And you spit in there eye and say your love is not good enough.

• 21d

@August00 ... that makes so little sense I'm not really sure how to answer. So wipe your tears and rather than behaving like a moody preteen online, just work on accepting that nobody will love you. Regardless of whether you're white, black, Asian, etc..

• yea me too!!!
    My long time SO (future husband?) is Chinese American. Good for you. But be on your best behavior around his mom. My guy's mother took a long time getting used to a "white girl" with her son.
    Oregon is very diverse. I think that we as a couple are just considered a normal couple.

• 21d

My boyfriend is chinese-malaysian and we discuss cultural differences all the time. I LOVE him even though we have to use google-translate sometimes :P His mother is lovely and he is devoted to her (totally get your comment)

• 20d

@oximeter what i am giving your dream to talk tp a child. You child raping sick bastard.

• 14d

@Onecurse
      @oximeter

You can't reason with an angry chimp. Just need to let them smash about for a while. Then when they cool down, give them a banana.

I'm going to get in trouble for saying that.

• My boyfriend is white.

The weird things, we get random people that come up to us and talk about how beautiful our children will be... at first i was like... wtf? its kinda weird when this happens and you yourselves haven't gotten that far in a relatiosnhip. I got used to it after a while, now i just smile and say thanks to get them to go away faster.

I get hate from Asian guys from time to time and when we are overseas in asia i get a fair amount of derision from the natives if we are together.

We occasionally will hear comments like "yellow fever" things like that.

Other than that, i think our relationship is pretty typical.

• 21d

www.court-records.net/.../miles-crossed(c).gif

Interesting experience. It's a big stereotype that mixed children (typically caucasian/east Asian mixed with something else) are beautiful.

You said "natives"? Do you mind me asking where you are ethinically from? (You can PM since I noticed your profile is private).

• 21d

Yea you probably get more rude comments than White girl/Asian guys do

• 21d

@HonestWhiteGuy I don't know about that. Its not bad really it only happens occasionally, but i will say it's much worse in Asian countries than it is here.

• Interracial couples are perfectly fine by me! When/if I ever end up in a relationship, it would have to be interracial because I am of mixed race.

I don't understand why people think the term "interracial" is so bad. Race IS important. It is not racist to understand that there are differences in types of people. The term "racist" is when someone believes that their own race, or a certain race, is better than others, for whatever reason (s) they may believe. Knowing that there are different races, ethnicities, and cultures all around the world doesn't classify you as a racist. Sometimes people use that term too loosely.

• 21d

TOTALLY agree. Me and my boyfriend BOTH talk about the differences and there is a lot of love, compassion and understanding of each other and where we come from.

• The fact that you have to point out it's an interracial relationship... Geez can't you just be happy with a man regardless of his race? What does it matter if he's Asian, Caucasian, Black or whatever if he makes you happy he makes you happy.

• 21d

I am happy. Thank you for your comment.

• 21d

@Izumiblu i do respect your opinion but still it does bother me v

• 21d

@Izumiblu Of course Asians can be as racist as anyone else, arguably more so in countries like Japan. Of course many never comprehend that reality, to them only White guys are racist and noone else

• I'm an interracial relationship. I'm caucasian and he's a indian and Asian mix.

I never even thought about the interracial thing until a friend called us that. It wasn't in a mean way, but it was a bit of a shock to think people looked at us like that.

We have a lot of cultural and religious differences though, but that's doesn't have much to do with our ethnicity. Both of us were a bit surprised at first when we found out about some of our differences (he won't have pre-martial sex, I won't marry until we have been going out for a few years), but we respect each other's religious and cultural boundaries and talking about them has brought us closer together.

• 21d

So your dad is white you were care for by white guys, but not good enough for you to date?

• 21d

@August00 I'm single right now. And if I liked him, and he liked me, sure. I said I'm open to dating white guys.

• 21d

@Sunburst223 I thought you were RandomReinder. Thank you for the information.

• Erm most of my relationships have been interracial. I really like my boyfriend and he's white. Whatever makes people happy.

• I couldn't give two craps about interracial couples. Who you date is not my business. I think interracial couples often face challenges not experienced by same race couples, like potential cultural differences or stigma. But in general, I or no one else should care who you date. You're a white girl dating a Chinese guy. Good for you. I hope you're happy together.

• I'm not attracted to guys my own race (chinese) so I can understand why people enjoy racial couples. The last time I liked a chinese guy was probably about 18 years ago.

• i've seen a few of those types of couples around
    don't think anything of it

• white is not a nationality. Distance would make it hard to deal with but you can overcome that fact too

• i'm eurasian and date Asian men and i think it's normal

• I think nothing of them.

• Why is it even a "thing"
    Don't get why it's such an issue people keep taking about. Especially if they're in one. Why is it even a thought?