Why do guys continue to text with no reply?

I have a bad habit of "ghosting" people when I either get scared of guys or realize that I don't wanna talk to them or they're not for. WHY do guys continue to text Hello or how you doing or what's up EVERY WEEK? This has lasted for months with some guys and I don't get it. If I haven't responded to u in weeks and even months why would you continue to text me. This happen with my ex and like five other guys but I only got involved with my ex, was drunk and gave the wrong guy my number once and the others I met online. I stopped giving my number out but I'm still genuinely confused.

What Guys Said 9

• A combination of hope and ego. Guys aren't that good at being rejected, I believe that we are naturally more egocentric. Girls tend to process things and deal with them quicker. Guys aren't good at emotional processing as a general rule. There are always exceptions but guys tend to take a lot longer to get the message. If you want proof of that then examine why 99% of stalkers are male, lol.

• Because most guys go about things in an adult way and think you are an adult to, unlike the scared child you appear to be.

• Possibly because a lack of closure offered by your dumbass.

• Why not? There is nothing to lose. Worst case scenario you don't text back.

They don't know the reason why you aren't texting back. You officially told them. They could think you were busy or life was overwhelming perhaps dealing a family emergency.

I had this buddy I worked with we were good friends used to hang out a lot. After I got a new job he stopped texting me back one day. But I kept shooting him the occasional text every now and then. Well turns out he was guard and deployed to Iraq for several months.

• Stop ghosting people and make it clear you don't want to talk to them any more.

Or block them.

• I would say quit playing with guys the wrong way. Quit leading them on.

• Maybe don't be so cowardice?

• Why ghost in the 1st place lol?

• Maybe stop being a coward and be direct and they'll get the message your not interested.

• 21d

I definitely agree with you. I just would not continue to text someone who doesn't reply so I was curious

What Girls Said 4

• They obviously still really like you then! You must've been leading them on at some point or another! Think about it from their point of view. You're in their shoes now, okay?
    So there's this guy that you really like and flirt with etc. He flirts back and it's fun and all of a sudden he just disappears from your life. You're going to be left wondering why? How? And very confused! You're going to think things like, "did I do anything wrong?" And generally try to get in contact with them again.

That's exactly what's happening with these guys. If you want them to stop texting you, then you have to be clear with them. Let them know that you aren't interested! Just text them something really clear like "hey, I know that you're interested in me, and sorry if I've ever lead you on, but I'm simply not interested in you." Something straight to the point like that. And for the guys that you truly don't want texting you at all, like if you really don't like them, simply block their number. If you don't know how to, contact your cellular network company/providers and ask them how to and/or see if they can block the number from reaching you themselves or directly! But yeah, basically these guys are left wondering why YOU left and are trying to clear to the situation by getting in touch with you. I hope this was helpful :)

• You are attracting desperate men for some reason who can't take no for a answer.

• Because their desperate.

• This has happened to me before. I think he kept texting because he still liked me and was hoping something could still happen