Why would a guy ask me what I'm doing every day?

He rarely asks anything else through text. Just "what are u doing?". What does this mean?

What Guys Said 6

• It's a prompt for conversation. It's like "What are you up to?", it's a generic question where you don't really want the answer so much as you want a chat or some kind of social interaction. Think of it as him saying 'hi, I'd like to talk'.

The only other reason I can think for this kind of generic question is if he was hoping that you were doing something sexy. Guys sometimes use the 'what are you doing?' question in the hope that you might say 'I'm doing naked yoga' or something, lol. That gives a window for certain kinds of conversation.

However, let's give the benefit of the doubt and assume that the guy just wants to talk to you because he likes talking to you.

• Because he is probably trying to strike up a conversation. It's his version of "Hey, hows it going?" Are you seeing him/is he interested in you?

• Is he an american? The reason i ask is different cultures deal with this stuff in different ways.. Like in south korea you never day i love you really you just simply ask if they ate which translates to they care about you.

• Trying to make conversation. Probably into you.

• It means he has nothing to actually say to you. It is just an ice breaker.

• He is wondering you

What Girls Said 3

• Well, it seems like he's interested in you! But, it also seems like he's a bad texter... Never a good combination! He might just be a bit awkward but still wants to have some sort of connection with you! Especially if he doesn't see you a lot. But he's obviously a pretty bad texter if he can't ever come up with anything else to say! Because that just gets very boring very fast! If you really want a more accurate answer, try asking him yourself why he asks you everyday! I hope this was helpful :)

• He's likely just super bored.

• He's bored and wants you to entertain him