What can I do when a girl I like tells me that she likes another boy?

A few months ago a new girl, Lily, joined my classes. We became friends quickly but only recently I started to develop feelings for her. She's very beautiful and we're both into the same things. We were having a bit of fun, I was teasing her about a boy who was chasing her around, very clingy. Afterwards she asked me if I liked anyone. I told her no and I asked if she liked anyone. She told me about a boy who she likes. I'm not disheartened about it because I didn't expect her to like me because we have only been friends. But what can I do to "win her over"?

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds like me... my name is Lily... I think I'm ugly though... I had this annoying guy looking at me... and I think there was this one guy who funny... it's probably not me... since I don't think anybody I know uses this site but lol! So similar! XD

• I also recently told a guy who I liked... lol

• Well, Lily. Sorry but the girl I'm talking about isn't actually called Lily. Just incase somehow someone I know sees one of my questions and can relate it back to me..

Most Helpful Guy

• Be there for her and stay freinds with her. If you are truly compatable and she is attracted then it will work out. But don't be her friend just because you want to date her

• thank you, this is a very helpful answer. Of course I'm not only her friend because I want to date her, we were friends for a few months and I had no intention of dating her. We have very similar interests so I like talking to her.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• If you have to "win her over", she's not worth it.

Cease all communication with her. You cut contact, she'll stop any games she's playing. If she's NOT playing games (haha, but there's a SMALL chance), you're better off *not* being her emotional tampon. You want more, if she doesn't then you cut her from your life and move on.

• I said win her over because we have only acted like friends and nothing more. I only recently started seeing her differently. What are the games she is playing, and sorry how am I her emotional tampon

• You have a solid point, but I think it's a bit too soon to tell her I want more.

• *shrug* It's your life. I would point, though, that the longer you wait, and the more you want her, the worse it's going to be if she rejects you. Plus, that's time you COULD have used cultivating something with a different girl.

But again, it's your life. Good luck.

• Nothing: she likes him and has decided she doesn't like you.

• You can be straight with her and tell her you like her and see if she reciprocates that feeling. If she doesn't then there's nothing you can do to make someone like you.

• It means you can't make her love you. It'll be super hard but you have to move on and try to forget her.

• But why would I give up so soon? I didn't think of her as anything other than a friend either.

• Nothing. Move on

• But why?

• Of course I am. I didn't think of anything of her other than a friend as well.

• But if you are friendzoned you won't be with her. She doesn't see you as a potential partner. Move on to another girl.

• say fuck her and get another girl

• Just move on. You can't force a girl to fall for you. It just won't happen.

• Why would I move on though? I've only started liking her.

• Why would you want to develop your feelings more if she likes some other dude? That's only going to make it worse for you.