Is Tinder safe?

• Yes
    33%(7)55%(32)Vote68%(25)
  • No
    67%(14)45%(26)Vote32%(12)

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on your definition of "safe."

But let's be clear: Tinder is a "hook-up" app (people looking for casual sex). It is NOT a dating app, even if it occasionally works out that way. Most people on Tinder are there with the expectation that they're looking for someone to fuck, and they expect everyone else using Tinder to share that understanding, so if you're responding to people there, you are doing so knowing that they're assuming sexual interest (and being open to casual sex) on your part.

So, take that information and act accordingly.

Most Helpful Girl

• My friends have found dates on it. I'd say it's safe. But with all online dating apps, keep your wits about you.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• I uninstalled it, but because it was totally ineffective for me. I never got to the point of dealing with safety issues. I actually had more safety concerns selling a car on Craigslist, so I carried my pistol with me when I sold it. The deal went down without incident. And the couple who bought it were very nice.

• it's about as safe as dating in regular life.

• What do you mean by "Safe"?
    Is there a risk of getting scammed or killed? Yes.
    Can you still meet good people you can bond with? Sure.
    So I guess it's 50/50. Be careful with what you post online. It will stay there forever.

• I would suggest that check out this site about Tinder.
    www.instantcheckmate.com/.../ also you may want to use these free
    sites to check out if someone is for real , Catfish, creeper
    www.pipl.com or www.spokeo.com

• About as safe as a creepy looking guy driving a truck near several dark back alleys saying free candy on the side of his van.

• its just a normal dating app but I still be very careful. also you're not a guy so you should enjoy it

• I've never had any danger from it, but I guess it depends on the person you meet.

The app itself is not dangerous lol

• It is, just make sure that your first meeting is somewhere very public.

• I've never used it. I think it's a shallow hook up site..

• It is which is why i lol at anyone who uses tinder to form a relationship.

• @BubbleBoy69 My best friend dated someone off tinder for more than a year so I would have disagreed. It turned out he had a drug induced psychotic break due to meth use... so I'm now back to agreeing with you lol.

• Not safe.

• depends on what you mean with "safe"

• Yes, the people on it are not.

• i haven't had any issues using it.. so far everyone who i was supposed to meet was the actual person i was talking to

• Useless in my area.

• nope

• I say don't us tinder it's stupid and superficial.

• dating is always superficial in the beginning.. you have to be physically attracted to somebody first in order to have motivation to want to get to know them further whether its online or on tinder

• do you want to have sex?

• Nothing is safe anymore... now that Trump is in power

• Sure. It's not going to blow up your house or try to rob you. It's a website afterall

What Girls Said 5

• It can be if you're smart about it, meeting in a public place and do it a few times before being along with them. Same as any online dating

• Heeeeel naw!

• There is a risk but people still use it. I used it myself years ago and now I feel like how stupid I was to use it

• It's fine as long as you meet in a public place I'd imagine

• But what if Chad ask "Come over to his place and watch netflix?"

• @Levin I've never actually tried that site! Have you?

• Wait, I'm the oldie. You're down with kind of thing. I need your help :P (like, seriously, too)

• When used responsibly and carefully, yes. Meet in public.