How come guys never approach or ask for my phone number?

So old men or homeless men on the street always call me beautiful when I walking. Yet, guys never approach me or ask for my number. I have only been approached by a guy once when I was 16 (now I am 21) and he basically told me about how beautiful I was, but he was an older guy. Guys will sometimes only stare at me but they never make a move, they stare and then continue whatever task they are doing. I'm hurt because I am 21 and have never had a boyfriend before-what am I doing wrong? I mean, I don't go to bars or clubs. Have I just not found the right guy yet?

What Guys Said 3

• "The right guy" is seldom the type of guy who will approach you on the street.

Just in my experience of my female friends.

• Break your shyness and engage guys you like in conversation.

• It could be that you are pretty attractive and guys feel like you'll have standards that are too high, or you give off an unapproachable aura..

What Girls Said 2

• If you see a guy stare at you dont be afraid to smile at them or if you see them frequently smile and say hi. Doing this gives them the "ok" signal that there allow to approach and you won't bite their head off lol

• They just don't want your number... like you could be hot as a the Californian forests, but that's all it is. People can admire paintings but they don't necessarily want to buy it or bring it home.