This guy is giving me mixed messages?

So we've known each other for about a year and recently acted in a play together. We became pretty close friends and one night after hanging out with the cast, we drunkenly slept together. Nothing was weird or awkward after that and we became flirtier.
About a week later he says something along the lines of "I can't wait to see what happens at the next cast party." We were both totally sober when he said that. I responded in a flirty positive manner.
Next time we got drunk, I made an advance and he says he "doesn't want an affair." So I backed off but we still hung out and flirted a lot. But then he'll make another passing comment about sleeping together.
I am so confused. I like him as a friend and truly enjoy spending time together but I also am sexually and romantically attracted to him.
What is he thinking?

What Guys Said 1

• If he doesn't "want an affair", does that mean his with someone right now? Otherwise he probably wants something more serious from you than sex. How likely do you think it is that he wants a relationship?

• 22d

I know for a fact that he's single. That's why the "affair" comment confused me.

• 22d

He is probably saying he doesn't do friends with benefits and doesn't want drama. If you like the guy enough to go after a more meaningful relationship with him, make a bolder move. Ask him out. You'll lose out on the chance otherwise.

What Girls Said 1

• He is not romantically attracted to you. He just wants to sleep with you. It's easy to tell.