Is there a way to not answer the 'how old are you question' with someone you are interested in or on a first date?

What Guys Said 8

• Ummm and why do you wanna avoid it? If I'm dating a girl and she doesn't wanna tell me her age, the first thing that'll come to mind is "jailbait". Young teens these days look like they're 25, so if she wants to hide her age, I'd feel like she's not legal yet.

• Dictate the direction of the conversation at first so it doesn't go there. Usually someone only asks how old you are in the beginning stages of conversation. That's when people generally knockout name, age, job/school, where you're from and so on. If you lead and lead with more interesting conversation it will never go there and he won't think about it or really care.

Unless you're like 16 or look like you could possibly be 16. Then that might be in the back of his mind the whole time and he ends up asking anyways, because as a guy you have legitimate concern to know a girl is of legal age.

• No. Just tell him. What the fuck is the point of hiding it?

• I would be suspicious about why you wouldn't want to answer the question

• Wait what? Please simplify your question.

• Good guys, are clever

• Not wear it doesn't look bad on you

• You're 18-24 why would you be worried about your age?

• 23d

it seems that older guys don't really want to be with someone much younger them

• 22d

So then the question becomes, why are you going after such older men?

What Girls Said 2

• Just act mature on the date and say your age when asked, it's not like they won't take you seriously just because you're young. I doubt your age number will repulse someone who's already going out with you. If you're really worried, you can just joke and say you're 16, make it sound very real, and then let it out with a just kidding. Lmao, it's always been awesome to break tension or nervousness when I date someone, and they're always relieved to know I'm older than that :P

• It would be sort of suspicious if you avoided that question.