Why do YOU think there are more attractive women dating unattractive men than vice versa?

• I'm a dude. I think it's MONEY!
  • I'm a girl. I think it's money...
  • I'm a dude. It's their personality. Obviously.
  • Girl here... Personality for sure.
  • The way they treat them.
  • Something entirely different.
25d As I expected... All the boys voted for money, the girls divided.
There's no one answer. For sure. The more West you go, the more about money it is I guess...
24d You're focusing entirely too much on the pic. It was just a demonstration...

Most Helpful Guy

• Power attracts women the most. Unarguable. That could be money, social status, some outlier talent. All of it. It surpasses a mans looks. seen the most butt ugly guys get women with power. Even just good old physical strength and presence. That's why those big intimidating fuckers at parties get the girls. They not exactly Zach Efron.

But that's where your assumption is wrong👊🏻👊🏻 Think about the implication of what you have said. Checkmate;) I've seen many hot guys date ugly women because although they are handsome: they do not have power, or project some narcissistic asshole trait. I know a Model friend who modeled in old fhm shoots that is so outlier handsome. He struggles with women. Gets average women when he can. My other friend who is a party dude, beer belly, criminal record, loves fighting at parties, yeah he gets tons of hot women.

Power... that's all it is, all it ever will be.

• 24d

So is that what its like in Australia nowadays?

• 24d

@Mrwoo99 no it's how it goes in western culture. I've lived in South Africa (The whites are western thinking), U. K. And oz. same shit. Power attracts. Actually you can look at many cultures and it's the same thing. Ever see that big, fat, lazy chief in some tribe with all the girls?

Money is a hallmark of power and yes, men are rightfully on the money (pun intended) about money attracting.

I could get the sex life I want through money. It's a no brainer. I can't do this with personality alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• God so many bitter guys here. Women just want money and status, while cheating with some underwear model. Ya keep telling yourself that

Genuinley I think the more attractive people you CAN date the more you realize that looks are not all that matters.
    Having a connection with someone is equally important and it's far more rare than attractivness
    Guys who are overweight and otherwise not that desirable are probably sitting at home looking at pictures of Scarlett Johanson, thinking they would kill to date her. But guys actually can and did date her are more likely to pick someone with whom they can actually connect with. Think Ryan Reynolds

What Guys Said 43

• Reality:

1) A GOOD PERCENTAGE of women have a dual mating strategy called alpha fux/beta bux. When women are in their prime they will pick the handsome, hot arrogant ALPHA male to be their boyfriend and attempt to get commitment. If her plan works she will lock him down and eventually get him to marry her. If it fails
    she will keep trying over and over, sometime taking a break from dating ad becoming jade. Now as women pass their mid 20's, money/status start becoming more important. Telling your friends your dating a hot guy who works as a janitor isn't going to make them jealous and it's not going to be a safe bet for security for you for the future.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/139756441/large.jpg

So many women start caring more about money/job status and guess who has these in later part of life. The nerds and ugly guys who studied their asses off. In come women who now want these men because they suit their agenda and in addition, women think these nerds will be easier to control and more loyal to them because they don't have the number of female options available to them as their alpha.

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...4-8798-3f84e6955e3a.jpg

2) Women care about 3 things: Money, looks, social status. Each women weighs these 3 things differently. For those who care about money/status, these tend to go for older men or care about financial security more so than looks. These type of women are also the ones who will date less attractive men.

www.fullofhateandreadytodate.com/.../...ly-guy.jpg

Now women are aware that locking down a financially well off/rich guy is tough. Her competition is going to be tough and many other women will be competition with her, so many women opt to go after these men when they are still in development and most girls overlook them. They do this to secure the male loyalty and that he will commit/marry her when he makes it big.

3) Ugly guy grew up with the girl and she fell for his personality. These are very rare indeed.

• 24d

probably the only thing wrong with all this is
      alpha fux/beta bux it doesn't exist

other then that everything else is correct

• Look at all the dudes saying "it's the money".

They say relationships work best when the woman is the more attractive of the two. Also, girls aren't so hung up on looks for guys. Or rather, a guy is often sexually attracted to a girl the moment he looks at her, and develops a connection from there. Whereas with girls, it seems like neither sexual nor platonic attraction are released until they know you well enough. So they can't be sexually or emotionally attracted to you until you have won their hearts.

Or rather, it takes a hell of a lot more to get them turned on just from looks. That's while the male "sexy" form is so much harder to obtain than the female "sexy" form. Men's sexual energy is felt all the time. For a girl, it takes a lot more for looks alone to turn her on.

The couple in the pic look like a pretty common couple where I live. A lot of the girls are more country with the blonded hair in a ponytail and hit the tanning bed a lot. I was never 'particularly' into it, but it looks lovely enough. I was more into the crazy-pale bookworm indy-girl type. And the guy looks nice, and that his face grows on you. Like it's more about it being a distinct face rather than having some perfectly chiseled face. Plus he is smiling. Like I really feel like your example couple came into a relationship on good terms. I can't stand when guys make serious faces in couples photos, since it seems less like he loves her and more like he is claiming ownership of her.

But there's an interesting description of this, too. Men like useful things and pretty girls. Girls like pretty things and useful guys. Neither of the two are objectifying each other, but both would be a little insulted if they knew.

• Insecurity.

She's afraid that if she's dating or in a relationship with a guy that's just as physically and aesthetically attractive as her, then she won't be able to have sexual power over him in the relationship.. and as a result, won't feel a sense of relationship "security." She'll feel like she has "no control" over him, and is basically living at his mercy.

So, she would much rather be with a guy that is not completely ugly, but definitely not a really physically and aesthetically attractive guy. She may even try to dress the guy down and downplay the amount of sexual communication he is able to disperse to other females. As a result, she is able to lock down a man and make him sexually dependent on her. This gives her control and power over him, comforts her fears and insecurities, and provides her with a sense of security over her relationship.

I think that's the #1 reason.

Everything else after that assumes that the girl is very secure and comfortable with herself (internally, not just externally for purposes of appearances and convincing others). From there on, whether she's lucked out on trying to negotiate a relationship with attractive men, or she finds wealthy and less socially savvy men easier manipulation targets.. that's a matter of her personal life goals and preferences.

• Because they fall for their confidence (for the most case). It's not just about money. It’s a MASSIVE misconception that men are confident because they are attractive – in fact, it’s the other way around. Men are attractive because they are confident.
    The reason women seem to fall for wealthy men is that humans work on what is called a “slippery slope mentality,” which means that our thought processes typically follow an “If this, then that” pattern. When a woman sees a man with money, she might automatically think “Hm... this could be the man for me. I can have whatever I want. I will be treated well.” But subconsciously, there’s a lot more going on than the simple “I can get free stuff” thought process. After all, there are lots of guys out there who would treat her well – a bum could be the most loving and attentive boyfriend she’s ever had! – but she’s probably not going to be attracted to them because there are other factors at play in these situations.
    If you have money, you probably had to work for it. If you earned that much money working, you probably hold a powerful position in which many people depend on you. Women typically find the idea that a man being capable of performing under extreme amounts of pressure to be highly attractive.
    Women also like men in leadership positions because it signifies that people follow them, trust them, and place value on in their opinions and ideas. A man like that is able to make other people feel valuable simply because they are with them. Confidence, essentially, is the possession of the ability to increase the value of others around you. That’s why guys who don’t have money but do demonstrate this quality are still able to attract beautiful, self-assured women.

• Because those women who appear to be out of their BF's league are actually equally attractive without a full face of makeup.

• Because what a woman finds most attractive isn't physical. So guys who aren't as physically appealing but who lock it down can still attract beautiful women.

• 25d

A blend of how they act, how they treat her and personality.

• 24d

53 guys at the time of this comment said something other than money lol

• Attractiveness is completely subjective. Some people don't care about looks at all, or find beauty in someone who isn't considered "conventionally attractive," but to them, they're perfect. Everybody is different. There are also people who ONLY care about looks. And this goes for both genders.

• I think there are a lot of factors, A LOT. There is no right answer, there are only thoughts. So here is a list of mine:

-He has a high status, whether that be wealthy or powerful, and that status is something she wants

-They have known each other, for some time, and she fell in love with him, because he was A: there for her, B: Personality etc

-She isn't shallow, and just down right likes him, maybe she likes the way he looks, or maybe from their first conversation, he sparked her interest

-He was confident. He approached her, and took the chance while no other guy did. When he did also, his personality made sure she always cared about him

-Simply using him, for whatever reason, a dare, an ex, money, whatever.

-Family Material, maybe she doesn't like jerks anymore, and wanted someone who could raise kids (similar to the others). Ever see the movie the wedding ringer?

Those are just a few of my thoughts :)

• I do think it's usually money.

For casual sex girls will rarely to never have sex with a guy who is less attractive than she is. Guys are typically more willing to lower their standards on looks for casual sex so girls can actually get with guys who some might view as out of her league.

For relationships girls start to value financial stability more so they will lower their standards on looks a bit in proportion to how much stability the guy offers. Guys don't really care as much about the girls earning potential.

• Money and reasurance. It's the safe bet to go for an ugly. He won't cheat, and you'll always have the upper hand in the relationship. He'll automatically try to please you in every way, and always concede to your wishes, cause he feels that it's like you're doing him a favor by being with him, so he cherishes you.
    This doesn't answer the question about why it's more the women doing this.
    But I'd bet men tend to go for looks as much as womn go for security and money.

It all evens out eventually.

• 24d

Pretty much this. Women are with ugly guys because:

1. They have money (security) to provide financially well off life for them
      2. They believe he would less likely to cheat on her and will appreciate her more.
      3. She has control over him.

• 24d

@lucky1988 are you guys mocking me, or what?
      I see 2 downvotes :o

• 24d

No... I didn't downvote you. I actually agree and this is what I've done.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...(PANT PANT WHEEZE) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well... there's a PIC so it MUST be true... nevermind the millions of examples that prove otherwise you'd see by just walking around.

WOMEN DO NOT CARE ABOUT PERSONALITIES... THEY REJECT MEN BY LOOKS. BEFORE KNOWING THING ONE ABOUT HIM.

Just be honest, we all know the score... claiming women care even a tiny bit about the personality of an ugly dude is just the most pathetic type of lie.

• Attraction is all subjective

• In this case it's definitely money, if you look at he polo he is wearing it's by Burberry which usually retails in the US for $200 usd.

• Money. Why's this even a question?

• 25d

😂😂😂😂

• 25d

you're right and ill answer your question

women hate truth and walk around with misinformation cause no one corrects them as men wanna fck them

they want to do less, have it easier but be told they are equal and just amazing at everything. thats how fragiel their minds are lol

• 25d

@oximeter I don't think that way, but the vast majority of people want someone they're attracted to, so a hot girl who has lots of attractive guys wanting her, choosing an ugly one instead of a hot one doesn't really make much sense. The only reason she won't care about looks if she's getting money. She's probably fucking hot guys behind this guy's back anyways.

Most women aren't like this though, but in the cases where hot girls choose an ugly guy, it's 99% of the time about money.

• I see a lot of immigrant men married to obese women.
    Also, I see a pattern where pretty young women, date rich guys or good looking guys. One of those things has to be there.
    Black muscular guys will usually go for obese young white women, but that is changing these days (Timothy Bradley's wife). Pretty blonds will go for the rich guy regardless of looks (Seal). But eventually, they'll get divorced if the girl is pretty and the guy isn't the same race as them. Probably, because of social pressure and lack of dedication.
    Asian girls are more commonly dating white guys, but they seemed to have integrated better in the past.
    Indian guys and girls stick to each other on average for marriage. However, some girls are dating white guys now, but that is a minority.
    Statistically, people of the same race are more likely to date each other according to OkCupid. White people overwhelmingly date white people.
    Asian (orientals - yeah i hope that came off as racist) girls oddly enough have a preference for white guys over Asian guys recently on dating sites.
    Black girls are more likely to respond but get the least amount of answers.
    There is a bias against black guys by all races, but it isn't as bad as black girls.
    This bias only exists in first world countries.
    But, why live for dating a human women, when one day, there will be robot women, that aren't nearly as crazy.

• 24d

You know what? That isn't actually true, the reason why you think that is because of what you see on TV. However, those guys the girls are with are usually RICH and FAMOUS.
      Key word is rich here.

• 24d

This is only true if the male and female do not attend church. Because really being in a relationship with God and dating someone who is also in a relationship with God allows for a godly relationship to build. One that is not ( selfish, rich seeking, money seeking, shallow seeking).

• 24d

@Luv2run But I am God...

• It's obviously about the money... I mean, I'm unattractive, and I treat women well, but they always friendzone me because I'm not rich :(

• Could be a mix of all the thingsbyou listed. But girls are more leniant when in comes to looks than guys are.

• Very interesting - Maybe it goes with he theory that some girls are not as visual as men and have gone for personality plus your option about the way they treat them seems feasible as well in a good way not "Pussy on a Pedestal" type of thing.

• It is indeed money. Great question!
    I worry about guys who think girls date old/ugly guys for their personality, really I do...

• I think it has more to do with the numbers.
    A greater portion of women are attractive than unattractive,
    a greater portion of men are unattractive than attractive,
    therefore there will be more attractive women dating unattractive men than vice versa.

• Status, which mostly manifests in the form of money, but sometimes in the form of a leadership position or certain personality traits.

• Could it have anything to do with the fact that there are 3 times as many women as men in the world?

• I really don't understand the poll 😓

• Because this is one case. Outside of gold diggers, I'd say that there's more attractive guys with less attractive girls

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and social status. I saw a lot of girls commenting here Donald trump is sexy and hot hahaha, money has blinded them and his status ;).

• Probably a mixture of the guy asking her out and no one else would approach her. After the initial, he got to show his inner workings.

Either that or girls don't focus "as much" on looks.

• I always judge on personality with a girl. I've dated 2 ex girlfriends
    and they were plane Jane type of girl but i can truly say i loved each
    of them at one time. I don't really date real pretty girls just not me.

• I think men tend to date down than women. Women only date down if he has high status and money

• many women give less attention to looks than men do. also these guys could be rich. many gold diggers exist. or they treat them with respect.

• Women are more likely to wait and see if they like a guy's personality.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 18

• I think a lot of guys on GaG have never considered the fact that women can actually fall for any person, falling in love is basically involuntary. I've ended up crushing on somewhat unattractive guys before in my life for some odd reason, but I couldn't help it. Of course for me they were just secret crushes lol. But maybe for her in the picture it might be the same thing but she actually went for him.

Sure money can play a role for some few women - aka gold diggers. But I've personally seen very good looking girls with very average and below average guys sometimes, and thats even in school when money isn't even discussed. But vice versa was actually a lot less common. I think the reason for that is because men are much more visual.

• He's an average looking guy, he's definitely not ugly. There could be many reasons for this.

1. She finds him physically attractive.

2. She took the time getting to know him better and fell in love with his personality as well as his looks.

3. He's rich and she's a gold digger.

4. He treats her with love and respect she deserves.

That saying, "Men fall in love with what they see, women fall in live with what they hear" is true to a certain extent. We don't want to consider a serious relationship with a guy just based on the fact that he looks the part. There's got to be a balance between physical attraction, personality and compatibility.

• 24d

if he is an average guy then I must be the hottest guy on earth... not spreading hate about that guy but for my eyes he is less then average like 3/10

• 24d

You need to follow me too can't send yet.

• 24d

@mits777 thanks, yes keep your hair on. Lol.

• he's not even unattractive and obviously he has a good personality and probably treats her. its not always about looks , and having a good personality can make someone so much more attractive

• Well, the reason that there's more attractive women dating unattractive men is mainly because women tend to be more attractive than men.

Women use cosmetics and tend to care more about their looks than men do. It is also a social stigma for men that if they put on makeup, they're automatically deemed as gay or punk.

So when judging a heterosexual couple, I believe that the guy should be judged on the male scale of attractiveness instead of comparing him with the beauty of the woman. In most cases, the woman is more attractive than the man because she has makeup on, her hair done, her eyebrows fixed, and other beauty cosmetics on. All guys can generally do is workout, get some hair gel, maybe some facial cream, and then hope that puberty will favor them.

• 24d

That totally isn't true.

• 24d

That's the problem. You can't compare. Women aren't better looking its just they do a whole lot to be perceived at better looking. Without make up more than 50% hot girls would become average or ugly.

• Women generally are more attractive than men. In a room full of people at any given time, there would be more attractive women than attractive men.

Also many women like myself have unusual taste in men. I often really fancy someone, but other men say he is unattractive and ask what I see in him.

• 24d

This is me xD My boyfriend is a bit on the chubbier side, and no one really seems to think he's attractive, but I've thought he was cute since I met him. My friends were like "you can have him." But I GENUINELY think he's attractive, plus his personality is just fabulous, exactly what I wanted.

But I guess if WE'RE happy, then what does it matter what other people think?

• 24d

Do you mean woman in there natural state because without make up and all these fake Push up bras that wouldn't be true.

• I don't think he's unattractive though.

• i don;t think he's unattractive but average and the girl is attractive but i wouldn't say a full 9 or 10.

• maybe its more in the way it treats them and also personality

• It's the personality and how they treat them. Some hot guys tend to be butt heads and I have no idea why that is. Maybe the same reason why some beautiful women are bitchy, because they look good and know it.

• Take off all her makeup and then let's judge who's better looking. I don't agree with your premise anyways. I see a lot of hot guys with ugly ass girls.

• 24d

Its because girls destroy the guy's confidence and use confusion tactics.

• Attractive girls at first might not consider the unattractive men as potential romantic partners, so they get friend zoned. The man can still pursue and charm her with his actions and personality resulting in her overlooking the appearance and falling for his personality. Its not always about whether he is rich or not because many women don't go for that alone.

• A mix of personality and how they treat women. But I feel like treating a SO well should count towards their personality.

" Guys fall for the girls they're attracted to; girls are attracted to the guys that they fall for "

• Men are more shallow when it comes to physical things, on the whole.

• Their heart

• men are visual, while women not as much

• 25d

its because they need resources to live out their motherly insticts and secure a future for themselves. i worked in the clubs and beauty industry. mediocre guy with money with a smoking hot girl is the norm. women also feel too insucure when he's goo dlooking and has money

• 25d

smh... yeah... go with that lie

• b/c men are shallow

• 24d

That is totally not true. Girls and guys are JUST AS SHALLOW as each other.
      Stop lying to yourselves. Look at OkCupid's race statistics. It is showing that girls are more biased than even guys.

• 24d

@juuuu chill i was not being serious when posting this.

• Girls aren't very picky when it comes to looks. We care more about personality.

• 24d

Somewhere, God is laughing at the statement.

• 24d

@noneoftheabove I'm not gonna lie and say looks don't matter cause it does! My eyes are naturally drawn to good looking fellas, but I've noticed that I tend to crush on guys that are average looking and my sisters and friends would go as far as to say he's not good enough (looks wise ) for me or that he's just downright ugly. I can fall for an average looking guy if he has a very good personality.

• 24d

Of course they do but most girls do choose personality from what I've heard girls talk about.

• Because guys are more shallow than girls

• 24d

Stop lying to yourselves.

• 24d

Google it. OkCupid race statistics.

• 24d

They are the same. Look at the statistics on OkCupid, they have them. OkCupid race statistics.
      Both genders are just as biased (girls slightly more) en mass. At least in first world countries. The media is painting a false picture. What you are seeing on TV is attractive women going for unattractive rich and famous men.

Even though girls these days are saying personality is important, that is secondary to looks for them. The numbers prove it. Don't listen to hearsay, look at the OkCupid race statistics were is the best proof we currently have. Girls are showing more racial bias than men, unless the guy is white.