How often does the opposite sex approach you and what country do you live in?

I only get approached by girls that are trying to sell me things in mall. Actually one time I thought a girl was hitting on me in Vegas but it turns out she was a prostitute. So yeah, I don't think I've ever been approached by the opposite sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really get approached too much but every so often I do, but for the most part I'm the one that has to do the approaching when I see a cute guy at the bar or at the club. But every now and then there's a few guys that surprise me and approach me out of the blue.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• Pretty much never. People who know me have always said I'm pretty/decent looking but I guess I just don't have that "approachable" vibe. I don't know. I might get 1 person a year approach me for a date. In the US by the way.

• I get approached a little bit, but only at parties after guys have had a few drinks ahah.
    I'm from Australia.

• at least two times a week. i live in the u. s.

• Pretty much never. Maybe I'm super ugly or maybe it's just not our style, who knows? :P I'm from England.

• Catcalls, all the time smh... so disrespectful. The few times a stranger actually approached me though I was taken aback and actually did step back a few steps quickly lol Yeah. I don't like strange people in my personal space. Trinidad and Tobago is where I'm at.

• It happened last week, someone asking me my number. So, it happens at least once a month. Cat calling happens a lot if I'm at the bus stop alone or running with my friend. :1 I hate it so much.

• Nobody has ever approached me? people who date me only do so when they've known me a while. I tend to end up being liked by friends.

• Wow sorry dude..

I never get approached in NYC. Unfortunately.

• How often am I approached: Never

Country: United States

Reason for non approaches: I'm REALLY picky, and dating is kinda stale for me.

• I get approached a lot by men. a lot of times they are not my type. So I lie and say im with someone.

• Never. I live in the United States of Drumpf. Our national animal is $$$.

• never, and i live in the us. guys seem to glare at me like, "wtf are you looking at?"

• Girls usually don't approach guys. If you go to clubs maybe... But girls usually don't, they see as the man's job most of the time.

• 26d

No ones approaching anyone anymore from what I see, and that's because when a girl tells me it's my job to approach women I see that as disrespectful, it the same reason why girl get offended when guys tell them to make them a sandwich.

• 23d

them*

• 23d

Not a fact. Sorry.

• Often, especially when I like someone and I'm not looking for anyone else. I live in Spain.

• I get approached sometimes. Belgium

• I've never been approached.

I live in Canada

• I get approached. I live in the US. Where guys take chances and others don't. Guys should always take a chance, us girls won't bite.

• 25d

It's not the bite that were scared of but being turned down sucks.

• I'm in the USA and a lot

• I live in the US, and get approached everyday, or get at least complimented on everyday from a lot of guys.

• Depends on how much I am out that day and where I am at. I get approached a lot but I have been told that I am just a very approachable person. Women just come over and start talking to me as well looking for friendship or someone to do things with. I am in the US.

• Never, unfortunately.

• Never. Sweden.

• 25d

Do you think you ever find I guy if now one approaches you

• Very often, nearly every single time I'm out at a popular event, and usually it's multiple guys throughout my time there. I'm from Canada, but in defence I'll say that I'm very attractive when it comes to looks. My friends don't experience the same level of creepiness I do, fortunately.

• 26d

I'm also from Canada, Toronto to be specific. The reason I ask is because girls complain that are creepy for approaching them but we have to because girls never approach guys.

• 26d

I've been to Vancouver and the girls don't there never approach me either but they stare at me and follow me around. If it was the other ways around it would be creepy

• 26d

Yeah exactly, so it's important to always try to come off as decent and friendly instead of weird. I'm kind of sad many girls don't approach guys that interest them. It's pretty nerve racking to introduce yourself to a crush, let alone it all depending on just guys.

What Guys Said 41

• Lol, its almost the same here. Kinda sad truthfully. Even online, they barely say anything.

Woman can be frustrating, at times.

• Never and I live in the US.

• Never. It's time for a change I say. Women need to do the approaching!

• I was bought a beer once to my very big surprise. Generally girls will initiate conversation once a year hahaha! If at all. Oh Canada

• Last time a girl hit on me on the street? Never.
    But I had girls saying to friends/colleagues they liked me, so yeah.

• Maybe in subtle ways (I am in Ireland) - I don't ever recall being hit upon but when I was younger, girls/women would show their interest in other ways.

• A couple times a year at best i would say im slightly above average in looks. Usually girls who approach me I'm not attracted to their either ugly or fat. 9 out of 10 times they'll use an indirect approach but I see right through it I'll be polite but won't capitalize on it.

• the last time a girl approached me was when i was 14.. unfortunatley that's when i stopped growing :( 5 ft 6 doomed for life.

• Id say often , not very often but it happens a bit , Portugal.

• I was never approached by a girl NEVER, they stare at me and watch me a lot but they are very shyyy. The closest was with one girl telling one female friend of mine that she liked me. I lived in a conservative country in Balkans where girls are shy to approach. Now I live in Germany I am new here so far I don't know anyone (very new here) here, don't know any girl or whatever just my collegues at work. I hope girls approach here, but first I need to find some girls lol

• Every once in a while. Though surely not as often as girls do get approached. Also got a lot more approached when I was in England or in the USA.

Living in Germany.

• I do get smiles and stares from some women. Some even say hello when I am just walking by. But I have never been approached directly by a woman. I have approached only once so far and that didn't go too well. Also, I have never seen any woman approaching a guy directly in my life.

• I only ever get approached by drunk college girls but I do get checked out every now and then when im out amd about.

• 26d

Lol so girls have to be drunk to approach men but if you sleep them it's considered rape. So we are in quite the predicament.

• I have been approached by a woman a handful of times. I'm not sure how many times I have been invited to approach by a woman.

• I've only been approached three times in my life.
    Once was normal
    the other two were because the women saw my parents estate (golddiggers)

Prostitutes don't count.

• They mostly never do unless they need something... and sometimes they try to help us out and giggle while doing so... giving us green light... thats it...

yes its all subtle

• Not very
    Murica

• I get approached by flirtatious girls almost everyday and I live in America. They only approach me because I'm so handsome.. I hate getting approached like that because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• Directly twice, indirectly another two-three in the whole life... I'm from Sri Lanka

Fun fact: Non of those girls were interested by me. They were either just not my type or ugly, like really ugly.

• its happend a few times when i m sitting alone or wondering around a party alone

i m Asian and I've been approached only by white girls... when i m alone lol

• I live in Germany and I've been approached by women quite a lot, but it happens more often at parties than on the street.

• Never. Thankfully. But I'm in the United States art the moment

• Never. And I live in England.

• When i lived in Italy i was appraoched couple of times with few Spanish girls. Girls in spains seem quite friendly.

• Chicks in here don't hit much.. they are proud-losers 😎

• Rarely, I'm in California, in highschool. But when I approach women they kind of welcome me with smiles and playing with hair and shit so I wouldn't call it a problem. Women almost never approach men unless they already know them.

• 26d

I mean I heard in other countries like Spain or Denmark women are MUCH more welcoming and approach often and are far superior in terms of hospitality and beauty moreover, aren't " stuck up bitches " like here in America. Although personally, I think the men who say that don't have the confidence to approach a girl or don't know how to talk to them, at least for the " stuck up bitch " part anyway.

• Women never approach me. I am in the united states

• live in the UK, have been approached just once. nothing came of it since it was a joke.

• Yes but not much especially even less now stay to myself

• More from Guys
    11