Would you date a girl with acne scars?

My only insecurity I have is my acne scars. I'm in college and find it difficult to get past the dating stage with a guy because I'm afraid he won't like me without makeup. I try to apply little makeup so that there isn't a major difference without. You can see some of my scarring even with makeup. I wouldn't want someone to be "deceived." I can't afford the medicine that my dermatologist has prescribed to get rid of them, so I have to live with it for now. Would you date a girl with acne scars? Is it too "gross" for you? Would you be upset that she has them after taking off makeup?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever someone asks an offhand question like this people are bound to say a yes or a no. Fact is none of us (well for those without compulsive fixations) know how chemistry pans out.

Ideally even if I (as an example) say no, I'm not someone that knows the future, even the immediate one.

I had a fling with this girl when much younger & she had a lot of acne but the chemistry was so strong that we couldn't keep our hands off each other.

Again I'd say it's an individual & situational thing

• 19d

If you put or treat yourself like a show piece on the mantle, you'll have to bear with the way you are handled or even the breakage. I say just go on with your life & life will find you

• 19d

That's so true. Beautifully worded by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a similar issue. I have a massive birthmark on my stomach, which does look like scarring. When I used to get intimate with guys some would be put off. However, they were not the ones you want to date. I have met someone who does not mind and thinks ALL of me is beautiful, including the birth mark, we are now planning out wedding. I know its slightly different since the face is more visible than the stomach, but the same principle applies. Do not let anyone think you are not beautiful, as you are.
    Find a man who will love all of you, as my finance says, beauty comes from the inside and shines through people much more than visible looks. I am sure you will have no problem, stay strong X

• 20d

Thank you so much! You have no clue how much this message means to me.

• 20d

I am so glad it does.
      As stated, I have been in a similar position and it is the worst feeling ever when someone makes you feel ugly/inferior. However, it is they who are in the wrong and not, Never let anyone tell you that you are not beautiful. Beauty comes from being a kind person and you will find your soul mate, otherwise any guy who even thinks you are anything less than perfect is not worth anything. Society needs to learn to be more positive than negative.
      I try to help people to not go through what I went through and it means a lot to me as well that at least my message helped a little bit, stay strong beautiful lady :) x

What Guys Said 33

• Assuming I found her mind and personality attractive, acne scars would play no part in my evaluation of weather or not to date a woman.

• I'm pretty sure every girl that I've dated had acne scars. It's such a minor thing that I rarely notice it.
    Oh, and someone has to say it: If he dumps or loses interest in you because of your acne scars, he probably wasn't worth your time.

• Well, most people get them on their shoulders, so not really. It's like stretch marks, most people will have them. Don't feel upset that you've got them.

• It's alright! No one is perfect, and if they are, they're not perfect forever. It soon all equals out in time.

• Personally, I couldn't care less. No one expects you to have perfect skin. It's hardly even a factor.

• Yes of course i would still date a girl with scars. I have a scar too so don't worry about it too much.

• Unless your acne scars look like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with an ice pick, it's not an issue with me. I've dated women with acne scars and never really noticed or cared.

• I would not date a girl regardless of whether or not she has acne scars because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• i would need a reference pic to decide xD

• Depends how bad it was and how many.

• I'm not a fan honestly.

• It is not to gross, if it is to someone then he may be not the right guy, are you relly seeking a guy who only care about your facial appearance or a guy that will love your personality.
    The choice is yours, and sometime if your acnee is not to strong with age if your taking care of not taking drugs, not eating to much Junk then it will go out by itself.
    If your acnee is very severe like i have even at 31yrs, the product from the dermato may not work since for me, i have been taking for years and it averagely working since the virus is deep. My face look like a have heavy sunburn instead of acnee... I side effect of meds I'm taking so I think you should wait. Eat less acid food, Junk and sugar. For me it helped a little bit agains't the blooming in the past. I wish that you don't reach my age and still have to face that though...
    For wearing a lot of make up, it depend the kind of guy you want to be with, A , gamer, geek, nerd, a sporty, nature lover... Some like make up girl and some others like it less...
    Watch out if your pearcing them often if your unlucky enough to have white dot often, since sometime if you pierce them wrong they can turn in a beauty mole. A beauty mole is annoying to have on a face, i can tell you, even more if beard grow on it.

• Yes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. No deal breaker for me.

• Hard question :x because each scars are different

• I would and I have. You'll be fine.

• Sure I would. Acne scars aren't that bad at allm

• Unless they were quite awfuk and most of the time they are not... Id be totally ok

• how severe is it? if it slight I think it will be fine

• no we dont think much about acne scars unless you have a crater face

• You should be fine it's hard to say without seeing em but if they were that bad it's extremely hard to cover but everybody's different. I personally wouldn't hold it too hi above you not that big of a deal...

• Yes. I've mild acne scars as well. It's no big deal. Cheer up 😊

• I have acne scars too so whatever

• Yes, I would.

• I don't care

• I'm more concerned that you let you appearance hold your back

• 21d

I hate them so much. I feel that because I hate them so does everyone else. It'll reflect into hating me, but they aren't who I am as a person. I'm afraid people can't differentiate the two.

• 21d

People don't hate you because of your appearance they hate you because you let it get in the way of who you are.

• I honestly wouldn't care

• Fuck yeah, as long as she's white, at least 5'6" tall, and not overweight.

Acne scars are fine with me. I mean, Cammy from Street Fighter has a scar on her left cheek and she's still hot.

• It's not going to be an issue for most guys. The ones who are judgmental about it really aren't worth wasting your time on.

• Don't fix the acne, but fix the cause that creates it!
    That's animal fat: cheese, milk, meat, butter, industrial bakery, etc 🍞

• Have you tried black African also and coconut oil?

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend is dating a girl with acne scars. Bless his heart.

• If I find them attractive who cares.

• I have some scars from eczema and my boyfriend likes it when I don't wear makeup.