Does being hard to get work if not that many guys like you to begin with?

I DONT MEAN PLAYING HARD TO GET. I MEAN ACTUALLY BEING A HARD TO GET GIRL

I heard being hard to get makes Guys more attracted to a girl. but does it only work if the guy had an initial interest in the girl?

Like will being hard to get make a guy who wasn't initially interested in a girl, become interested in that girl? Let's say you weren't interested in a girl but you learned that she's hard to get, will that make you want her now that you know she's hard to get or do you have to at least have some sort of interest in her beforehand?

• Yes. It will make guys who didn't like you before become interested in you
  • Yes but only if the guy had some sort of interest in you to begin with
  • No it will make a guy less interested in you if he knew you are hard to get

What Guys Said 2

• There has to be a strong initial interest for "hard to get" to work. It also only works on certain subgroup of guys. You may find yourself stuck with the guy that can't understand "no" if he chose you becaues you were playing hard to get to begin with.

• I very rarely ever meet guys who think that being "hard to get" is a positive thing. The right guy will still like you, but I can't imagine anyone liking your more because you're hard to get.

What Girls Said 2

• For the right guy

• I'm naturally hard to get, because I take relationships very seriously and am picky about who I'll have a potential future with. In my experience, it's made guys try harder to convince me to go out with them, which actually has annoyed me over time but that's beside the point. Anyway, I don't think guys will chase a girl just because she's hard to get though, I do believe there has to be some form of attraction beforehand. That being said though, I once was asked by a guy if I was a lesbian after I turned him down lol... Some do have ego issues and I'm certain they would be turned on by just the fact that they can't easily get you when they obviously should be able to, *eye roll*.

• 27d

That guy probably thought he was so hot that no girl in their right mind would turn him down

• 27d

Exactly, I hate it when people believe they're made of gold 🙄