Why do most people on GAG say that playing hard to get doesn't work?

I know two girls who were both very popular with men and they both said - if you want a guy's attention - you should ignore them.

Most Helpful Guy

• They are right. they are players. They are sophisticated in their approach to attracting males. Anything that you get easily is cheap. What you get by making a lot of efforts is precious.

What Guys Said 21

• Because it doesn't work with respectable men.
    If you want idiots, then yeah, play hard to get, but do you think that a man who is busy, who has a job, who has hobbies, who has to take care of his house... is going to waste time on a woman? Pffff yeah right XD

• Nobody should say that it doesn't work because it can work, but it can also fail. It depends on the guy. If you ignore a guy you risk either annoying him or making him resent you, neither of which are very helpful if you want to be with him.

Also, if a guy isn't interested at all then ignoring him will do no good. Being ignored by someone that is not interesting to you is of no consequence, you wouldn't even notice.

• Because maybe that worked for them but it doesn't work for everyone. I know if a girl ignored me without giving me a hint of interest then I'm moving on. I don't have time for games and nonsense.

• Ask yourself this, if the girls ignored guys all the time, how did they get so popular with them?

Clearly they weren't ignoring them all the time. They probably just weren't contacting them all that much and let the guys chase them but gave the guys attention when the guys contacted them.

This only works when you have mad sex appeal. If you're not hot as shit the guys won't chase you because you have little apparent value. These popular girls are most likely quite attractive.

• www.court-records.net/.../miles-shrug(e).gif

It's because GAG has a particular demographic of people who aren't into that stuff. Most opinions here aren't representive to the actual population. Sad but true.

• Cause people will just move on and not put up with the stupid shit... no use in chasing after a person who does that shit for literally no purpose other than to be annoying

• It works on some guys - they don't give up easily if they really want something. It never works on me - if a girl plays hard to get I move along, I'm not playing that game

• That tactic doesn't work on me at all. I initiate, but I never pursue. Guy is a pussy if he keeps chasing one girl.

• It works very well on boys not men at least it shouldn't I hate games that's the quickest way for me to drop a bitch

• If a girl wants to play games okay I say to bad. I'm not up for games. I'll simply ask a girl out that cares and that's not stuck up.

• It can work only if both parties are immature.

• Because hundreds of cases typically trumps 2?

• Cuz it doesn't work with men. Boys yeah.

• Quickest way to the dump pile for me

• I'm sure for some guys it works but definitely not for me, I don't like games.

• Use common sense. They're telling you to play games. Define "popular" with men.

• If she ignores me than I ignore her. Cold fish = total deal breaker...

• If a woman shows little to no interest in me, then I'm out.

• It doesn't. Women outnumber men. There will always be one who is interested.

• If a woman ignores me, I move on. Lots of women out there.

• Women think it works, because it works on them. They assume it must work on guys too.

Typically it doesn't though. The guys it attracts are the guys who love the chase more than the girl. When they catch her they get bored and move on.

You think these girls are popular with the guys? Plural? In other words they aren't in long term stable relationships, are they?

What Girls Said 3

• Oh, just because you know 2 girls must mean it's true? Glad to know us million others are irrelevant.

• Because most people on gag are the so called 'nice guy' type.

• Cause they believe that it does not work.