What are guys really looking for?

i can't seem to meet guys anywhere. I am hesitant to approach the guy and make the first move, so I'm waiting for a guy to approach me. I will make the first move if I know for sure he is interested in me.
I work kinda a lot and go to the gym often, so not sure where I can meet a guy. I'm not about to date a coworker either. But what am I doing wrong. Do guys like girls to be all girly with heels and a dress and makeup? Or do they prefer casual jeans and top? Do you guys want to be hit on? I need advice here. I've been single for over a year. I really don't mind it, but sometimes I miss being in a relationship. I don't get hit on, talked too, approached, nothing. I know I'm not fat or ugly, I am a bit quiet at first. Can anyone help?

What Guys Said 7

• Who knows... maybe just try to be happy in yourself and accept being single for a bit. That puts u in a position of power... let them come to you.

• Met most of my good girlfriends from work.. Plenty of good ones from tinder. Could try meet up app, social networking events are great. Surprised no one hits on you at the gym... Oddly thats become a thing. Mutual friends maybe. Dog park, if you dont have one borrow a friends itd love to hang out with you. Maybe wear something unique, it helps give the guy something to talk about. When im trying to talk to a girl I don't know in public i look over their accessories, boots, keychains, purses, jewlery. Saw a woman with a jurassic park shirt im not a giant fan of the movies but it was cute.

• I'm looking for a gal that's comfortable in her own skin. There's a LOT to this and I'm not one for going into it here.

by the way, can you PM me? I have a few questions since you said you go to the gym often. The question involves gals at the gym.

• 26d

It won't let me. What did you want to talk about?

• 26d

Every girl is different and I don't usually approach guys at the gym. Maybe they try talking to you in anyway possible. They workout next to you when they don't actually need too.

• 26d

Got it. Thanks.

• they only look for beautiful girls this is a painful truth

• You are wanting it to happen too much.. A relaxed, focused attitude on the activities will attract guys. We sense and back off from desperation even when we are aware of it..

• the perfect curry

• I'm sure you have guy friends, and if you don't like them in that way where you want a relationship, then maybe they could introduce you to other friends which you can maybe make a relationship out of

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe most guys around you're age would prefer having a younger whole to stick their dick in... You should start going to retirement houses to try and find someone willing to pound an old lady like you.

• 26d

Exactly, that's sad but it's the truth. Once a girl hits 30+, she's "past her prime" and it's not fair that guys who are 40+ are just hitting their prime.

It's based on what the sexes value in a partner. Men generally want an attractive, nice girl who isn't a gold digger. Women want a secure man who can provide for their family's future.

And that's how society works. You have to work up to becoming successful, it rarely happens overnight.

So, either the asker is looking to date guys <30yrs old or she's not looking in the places where 40+ yr old successful guys hang out.