Do guys prefer shy girls?

From my experiences, guys have preferred me when I've been more reserved as opposed to when I'm fully myself. Is it best during the early stages of the dating process to rein in how much of myself I am?

• Guys prefer shyer girls
  • This isn't true
  • Other

What Guys Said 20

• No because it is easier to talk to someone who is not shy, however that does not mean guys do not like shy girls. Guys still do in face like shy girls.

• Shy, Outgoing, don't care. I would just like someone that I find beautiful to do the same about me and then go from there. I've been friends with both and I would like to have someone that we could talk about things forever without running out of topics

• I think we do because it presents a challenge in getting her to open up. It's like when you buy a video game beat it in three days then never play the fucking shit again. But if it takes you a long time to beat the game it creates a greater appreciation for the game and it becomes your favorite.

• Every one like something different there's no right or wrong I personally like shy girls and being able to get them to open up to me feels good. Some guys like shy girls some guys don't simple.

• I don't dislike shy girls, but personally I find that I'm more compatible with girls that are more outgoing

• 8d

Are you outgoing yourself?

• 8d

I'd say I'm more on the introverted side, but on of the main reasons I prefer outgoing ones is that I have much more trouble holding a conversation with a shy girl

• This is the USA. The extroverted girls tend to be Trump tramps.
    The shyer girls are usually more intelligent and have something to offer the world.

• 9d

by the way I see you are pretty new here, welcome to Girls ask Guys. I hope you enjoy the site.

• 9d

Thanks but I've been here a while, I just had another account :p

• you must be weird af then, judging from your avi I don't know why they'd leave you, you'd have to be literally insane or something to combat looking that good lol

• 9d

Lmao thanks I guess

• 9d

I'm not sure, I think differs from person to person. Some think I'm immature, some think I won't put out quickly enough etc

• 9d

well hey, sometimes that weeds out the bad ones/incompatible you wouldn't wanna be with anyway, so I'd say it's best to be yourself right out of the gate

• I prefer a woman who is willing to engage with me, but doesn't feel it is necessary to be a perfect social figure with friends. The defining line comes with the point of, if we are in conversation and I am begging you for engagement? Then I don't find my time invested to be beneficial. Who likes a conversation with themselves? But, if I find you are secluded in what you share, but you engage with me in conversation, then I see you are shy and prudent in your pursuits.

• No, why? just take a look at my username lol

• I like em but since I'm shy too it never really goes anywhere😅

• Kind of, yes. I would say I do. Can't speak for others.

• I dont like shy girls. I like girls that speak their mind and go for what they want. I can't imagine myself having sex with a shy girl. It d be like screwing a teddy bear or something. Just be yourself.

• I'll be honest it's a lot easier to talk to a girl who isn't shy. But shy girls can be really cute as well. Once in a while, it's nice to run into a shy girl.

• I can't speak for other guys, but I sure as hell do.

• Well, shy girls almost never make the first move. I don't either so the chances of me getting a shy girl are almost 0.

• shy girls can be easise to talk to and down to earth... but i woldnt say I "prefer" but i wouldn't mind a shy girl

• 9d

i have to say if ur shy at first its only natural to be matched up with other shy guys

• shy girls are so way to talk but sometimes it feels like one way conversation.

• it depends on individual
    i like open minded girls

• i'd pound u for days ;)

• I'm shy myself; and while I find shy girls adorable, I just as much enjoy feeling like the "cute one" around an attractive outgoing girl. Either one.

What Girls Said 1

• Probably