Guys, would you keep a girl you loved as a friend?

say you were dating a girl you really liked, or maybe even started to fall in love with her, then you realised you didn't want to lose her, and get hurt by her if you guys broke up.. would you rather have her in your life as a friend before screwing anything up and losing her forever, or would you take the chance?

3

What Guys Said 3

• I think a lot of young people do this, but it's a mistake. I think it's best to let the girl go and after a few months when you're over her, THEN you can try being friends with her again. I think that what most people end up finding is that they can do without the friendship because without the relationship, there wasn't enough to keep you two going.

• 21d

I think I worded my question weirdly, but I mean like if you were dating a girl, and you broke it off with her because you didn't want to get hurt by her, or even losing her as a person in the long run.

• It sounds like someone has been trying to spare your feelings. There have been times where I've loved a girl, but haven't been attracted enough to her to start a relationship, and I've used much the same excuse as he did. He's just not ready for that commitment. Back off a little bit, don't hang out all the time or text non stop. Don't be mean, but do give yourself some breathing room. Guys rarely want what they have, so make sure he doesn't have you, and you'll be good.

• 21d

Spare my feelings, or his? cause he's the one thats been chasing me, texting me al the time, and asking to see me, trying to always cuddle with me etc. Then he suddenly broke it off.

• 21d

It's really hard to say cause I don't know enough about the relationship, but what what I'm hearing it seems like he wants to be close, but doesn't want to be locked down. Me being who I am, I'd just ask him straight up what the issue is

• Yes, it's hard though, past conflicts keep breaking through cause she knows you so well.