What do you do when someone keeps letting you down, but keeps coming around... and you want them in your life more than anyone you've ever met?

I'm at my wits end. I need some support or some different perspectives or opinions on this matter. I haven't ever been in this position before. I'm in love with a guy, I've been trying to fight it because I'm unsure of his feelings. He keeps letting me down in the same way, and he keeps coming back around, making more promises than the last.. and then I get let down and fall harder. I can't tell if I'm being understanding or being taken for a fool. I can't tell if I'm overreacting and overthinking it all. Right now, I'm in limbo waiting for him to reach out to me after another disappointment, and I haven't ever felt so anxious and sad and angry and empty all at the same time. I want to yell at him and tell him what an ass he is, but I also want to kiss him and hug him and never let him go. I'm so upset. I've never let anyone get to me like this before; never stood for this kind of shit, but as I sit here, all I know is that I would do anything to be right next to him right now, and if I were to secure my future with him forever, I would. I'm crazy about him, I don't know where he stands at all, all I know is that he does want me, but there's something preventing him from me. I don't know what to do, you guys, or what to think. I can't think of anything but him and it's ruining my days that I sit here waiting and being disappointed more and more.

What Guys Said 2

• You're a fool and you're the only one that can stop it

• Whats his name start with? D?

What Girls Said 2

• why would I keep them in my life if they keep letting me down?

• Don't be foolish, learn from your past experiences and disappointments involving him. Forget him. You're not a toy that can be kicked again and again.