Guys - are you ever genuinely busy?

I'm seeing (ish) a guy with a kid and family commitments... lately we haven't met up as he has apparently been snowed under with work, his kid and also his ex (split up at the start of the year so has to deal with her on a regular basis.)

Can you ever genuinely be too busy to see someone you like?

20d If you are super busy as per the above but still responding to texts and having long conversations with a girl, is that a good sign?

Most Helpful Guy

• In his case, yes. As long as he maintains conversation/calls you sometimes it should be okay.

• 20d

I did bring it up with him - not in a needy way but in a "if I'm messaging you too much, wanting to meet up too much just let me know." He could have ignored me but he said I wasn't too much, that he was sorry for being quiet lately but he had been busy and that's what he does when busy, and that he will arrange to meet me soon. I have some trust issues so I find it hard to tell if people are being genuine.

• 20d

Answering on your update:

If he maintains any contact whatsoever, that's a good sign. Be it by text, facebook or carrier pigeon.

• 20d

Now I read that I want him to send a carrier pigeon haha.
      Thanks for the help.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes at times. A damn good example is someone in the military. The needs of the military are the single most important thing

• Yeah, we got lives too xD

• yeah I'm a full time college student and I work full time job, and overtime if I can, I spend pretty much every hour of my day doing something

• yes so if I'm taking time to talk to you I must actually be interested!

• 20d

Thanks. He always replied really fast to messages - I'm giving him space at the moment as he's busy so only messaging twice a week or so and keeping it upbeat.

• once a kid is involved yes

• 20d

So I can probably give him the benefit of the doubt that he IS busy and not just fobbing me off as we do still chat a lot.

• 20d

yup you can

• 20d

That's good to know - thank you.

• Fuck no, and I like it that way.

What Girls Said 1

• They can be but usually if a man (or woman) really is interested/love you they will make time if they don't really have any, because you're a priority to them and they miss you and want to see you.

• 20d

He has a kid, he has a job, he has legal issues. If he's maintaining any contact with her i'd say he's interested.

• 20d

@Usersame Even if contact has gone down due to him being busy?