Who says looks don't matter to women?

Now days, women are just as shallow as men about looks.

• Yeah, women are shallow as men now days about looks.
  • If there are 2 dudes, and both act confident, then the woman will always chose the good looking dude among the two.
  • Women look at the personality not looks.
  • Other (give your comments)

What Girls Said 16

• I said other. Everyone is different. I, personally, have always been and still am, incredibly attracted to my SO... probably more than any other guy I've ever dated, which is great because it seriously matters to me We all have our own types. I happen to read up on the science-y things behind love and attraction so... my level of attraction to him is extremely fitting compared to how naturally compatible we are.
    Basically the same hormonal 'ingredients' that make up our core personality... also make up our appearance. ;) So a part of acknowledging that you find someone externally attractive... means that you likely appreciate what those traits mean about their personality. So for one example... testosterone plays a role in personality AND in physical features. It causes certain testosterone typical responses... and the level can be seen in things like facial hair and certain facial structures. It's a pretty lengthy topic... but it's something we subconsciously do the more we meet people... we unconsciously recognize similarities in features and behaviors across multiple people and put them in sort of a systematic mental rolodex... and without even realizing it... we 'recognize' mixtures of the personality traits we respect... in various combos. We recognize these things in features we CONSCIOUSLY would almost consider benign! Like the density of the pits in someone's eyes!

Ad infinitum... basically... many many things about what we see on the outside generically reflect what's going on inside.

• Everyone has standards, and the right to standards, physically driven or not.

• It depends on the person because making general assumptions won't be very accurate considering how different people are from eachother.

• Depends on a person. I am mot saying that looks doesn't matter at all but personality is always more important.

• obviously initial attraction is needed.
    But remember that whoever I might find attractive, another girl might find super unattractive.

So with that in mind, initial attraction is needed, but personality matters too and by that I mean compatibility and good character.

• I personally care about both looks and personality. The person's charecter is wayy more important, but I couldn't date someone I don#t find attractive.

• I don't care how good looking a man is. Unless he is a good person he will become ugly to me. And if I lke his personality he will instantly become goodlooking to me.

• Looks matter. Women and men should be committed to taking care of themselves. That's something both genders find attractive in the opposite.

• 21d

True, but men put a significantly higher focus on looks than women, and that's a biologically proven fact.

Look at wealthy, famous men for instance. Many of them may not be physically desirable to the women they are dating, but they have girls all over them solely for their money.

• 21d

Oh, definitely. I do think health, and aging tend to CORRELATE-And most of us can agree that someone who ages badly looks worse.

• 21d

@EnglishArtsteacher exactly!!! Natural good looks are key when you're young.. but taking care of yourself leads to good looks as you age :)

• Of course I care about looks. If that makes me shallow then so be it! 😀

• Looks matter. Sorry not sorry

• Personality, personality, personality. That is very important. Looks doesn't really matter.

• Looks are important, but I'm more about the whole package. If he has a decent face but an ok body, and treats me well then I'll enjoy dating him. If he is very handsome with a "hot" body but treats me like garbage, then I'm gone.

• looks are subjective.
    like example, i prefer bigger man compare to slender/slim man as I find they looks like real life teddy bear ;p

• I guess blaming women make it so easy right? 😏

• looks matter but penis size matters more

• looks matter in the way that you take care of yourself the clothes are clean your hair cut your beard and stuff.

What Guys Said 5

• SOME women are shallow.
    SOME men are shallow.

• I think men will always value looks more than women do
    Girls just want a guy who isn't as hot as they are, and is ambitious, has money or status.

• looks matter to everyone.. it is the first step in attraction. you're not going to walk up to somebody and get to know them deeper if theyre not your type physically

• It's a lie and they say it to make ugly guys to feel better about themselves lol.

• 21d

Interestingly enough, on this website, the teenage girls are the most likely to say looks don't matter, women in their 20's seem to be split, and women 30, and over tend to be the most shallow about looks.

Is this the Twilight Zone?

• I'm gay but I get it... women or gay men don't exactly like guys that aren't well kept or another word for it is they groom themselves well and don't look dirty