I it okay not to respond to my boyfriend if I'm upset?

I'm upset at him, but I don't wanna start a fight. I'm not ready to talk to him, so can I just leave my phone alone until I'm ready? I feel like it will piss him off, and then when I'm ready to talk, he will then ignore me. However, I feel like if I tell him I don't wanna talk, he will make it that it's just me always being angry and that he wouldn't come to learn or understand why I'm upset at him. I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• You two are adults, what's staying mad going to do? Are you going to be mad forever? Squash that. Your inner peace is as good as your mind. I'm not saying turn happy over night. I'm saying you two should be able to talk with out it escalating. Keeping some one in the dark ain't cool, but if you can't control it then tell him your busy. I recommend you speak to him.

• 22d

Usually when I try to express something, he takes it as if I'm upset and he misunderstands everything I say.

• 22d

Though that may be, you need to clear things up, the whole point of a relationship is work things out. If he want to make seem like your this ticking time bomb. He needs to reevaluate his life. Either he's doing it on purpose or just don't care.

• 22d

Thank you. I really appreciate the advice. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It's better if you learn to calmly communicate what he did to upset you. If you need some time to do that, tell him that you're not in the mood right now and you'll talk about it later. But you can't just not talk about it, or deliberately ignore him with no explanation.

• 22d

Thing is that I did him wrong on something, but I was upset.

• 22d

You should still communicate that to him. If you feel like you can't do that in your relationship - if he doesn't make it easy or doesn't listen - that's a big problem. There should always be open communication.

• 22d

Thank you, dear.

• I don't think it's unreasonable to want to take a step back for a little bit

• You can tell him, "I'm upset. I'm not ready to talk. Let me just calm down then we'll talk."