Would you date someone who is intersex?

Inb4 someone brings up tumblr or made-up trends, intersex is actually a word in biology used to describe several biological conditions in both humans and animals where a being has variations in sex characteristics that "do not fit typical binary notions of male or female bodies". Some people are born with these variations but some develop them during puberty.

The condition the person has can vary from a woman having facial hair or a deep voice to a man having breasts, and (in rare cases) a person having both male and female genitalia.

Would you date someone who is intersex?
I knew someone who was intersex. She had CAIS (Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome). She has XY chromosomes but developed as a female in the womb. She didn't look or sound masculine at all but had to take estrogen pills because her body didn't produce any. She also can't have kids for this reason :(

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on the condition they have
  • Other/See Results
23d So for those wondering how they usually look, a lot of times you can't tell the difference

s3.amazonaws.com/.../...555948865_1569932515_n.jpg

www.celebrityshop.net/.../eden-atwood-11.jpg

What Guys Said 36

• it depends on the condition. I could look past some, and I couldn't get past others.
    but one big thing? i would like to be a father one day, of my own biological children. so, while nothing against them personally, i wouldn't have much interest in someone who could never be a natural mother.

• If they were really interested in me and wanted to spend time with me, I would be willing to give things a chance for sure. Would I go out seeking for somebody who was specifically intersex? I don't think so, but not because I have a problem with it, but because it seems a really odd thing to seek out.

• I suppose yes - You are dating who the person is not what they are

• I'm sorry but nope. Pure female is all I need.

• I mean it's very rare to begin with do chances are, I wouldn't run into someone like this.

But, I need. me a pure female, nit that these people don't deserve retlationships, all the more power to someone who can date them, especially the uh... double genitalia one. That would be... interesting to say the least

• No way, I wouldn't, that would be awkward for me.

• I wouldn't.

• If all it means is a little fuzz on the lip, then all she has to do is shave it and I am all in...

• I've got enough troubles on my own. I'm sure I wouldn't need that extra burden tbh.

• Well cause a girl has a condition that makes her have facial hair
    or deepen voice doesn't mean i should not date cause her personality
    could out with stand all them conditions she has. So it wouldn't matter
    to me concerning these matters.

• yes, it is a word and does exist BUT it IS just a trend. The word intersex was originally used by hermaphrodite individuals in order to steer away from being labeled with a word (herm) that is hard on the esteem.

The reason it is a trend is because of the crossdresser and Pansexual (fake trend).
    1. Crossdressers severely want to become women but there is lack of respect to that so often crossdressers will call themselves transvestites.
    2. "Real" Transvestites have never been accepted as a real woman either but they there is a hell of a lot more trans than crossdressers and because of that their is support for their "interest".
    3. In order for transvestites to try to become accepted more they try to lose the fact that it's just an "interest" and sometimes refer to themselves as transgender.
    4. Basically they lie and say transgender/transexual because is means that psychologically you feel like you were suppose to be the opposite sex starting from when you were 7yrs old or something like that. This way they can say "this is who I am, I didn't just choose it".
    5. the list goes on.

Basically for the most part real intersex, pansexual, and transgenders are very rare. So rare that probably there is 1 real one out of 5,000 who say they are.

Technically to be a real intersex you have to have both male and female PHYSICAL organs or parts on your body. Facial hair, a soft voice, or minimal things like that do not count because there are other facts that cause a "single" thing. It also cannot be brought on by the individual. A guy who has soft skin can't say he's a intersex because he's really good at putting on coconut oil skin cream. Women have softer skin because the organization of skin, fat, and vessels differs from men.

Some of these trends are counter productive despite some people think it's good to be open minded.
    Pansexual is a fiercely good example.
    Being Pan is NOT something to brag about. If pansexual is true (which it's not) then that means that it is a severe disability in a persons neurological functions.
    Yes, sexual orientation is only "who you like from the surface".
    However, there brain functions and hormones such as testosterone, estrogen, endorphin, Oxytoc,
    Humans have pathways that are the follow the same way in the brain to function correctly. Not having the skills to determine taste for sexual orientation proves none of these are working correctly. These functions are vital for health. Testost. actually develops your bone and DNA.

• 23d

I think some of your terminology is a little messed up? "Intersex" is literally just a nicer synonym for "hermaphrodite" and "cross-dressers" don't want to be the opposite gender, they just cross-dress (as the name would suggest). And "transvestite" is just another word for "cross-dresser"; you're mixing them up with "transgender" or "transsexual".

• 23d

mmmm, such evidence and clearly educated response *sarcasm*

• 22d

@Kaazsz Wait, who are you addressing here? You're not being very clear.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Probably not.

• Hell no!

• No lol

• I would not date ANYONE regardless of whether or not they are intersex because I'm aromantic/asexual.

• I don't think so. I am attracted to girls because I am a guy and strong myself, and I get attracted to opposite things.

• 23d

Just saw the update. The guy seems manly and not femine at all, also the woman looks fine nothing wrong with both...

• 23d

That's not what I mean. "Intersex" is a really broad term. Sometimes you can clearly notice it but sometimes, the difference is more in the internal organs and bone structure so only doctors can make out the difference. There was one case where the only noticeable difference was that a woman had an unusually large clit.

• 23d

I see. Ok then anyone would date them lol if only the doctors can tell the difference and they seem and act normally...

• Probably not.. Sex and relationships are already complicated with normal women.

• No-------

• I don't think so

• maybe

• depends on the condition.
    I've heard one case where all it resulted in was an unusually large clit

• as usual... it depends on what it is / how bad it is

• If she was born with it, than inside is still all that matters.

• 22d

Oh, and being able to give birth would be almost required. They can do that sometimes, right?

• 22d

Yeah most of them can have kids

• 21d

Then, ya. If she felt like a woman, than the only thing important left is is her heart. Although I'd greatly prefer 100% female, I would still very happily marry an intersex woman if we loved each other enough. 😊
      (No on transgender "women", though. That surgery is only a costume in my opinion...)

• I do not understand...

• Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Yes. Thats kinda my only answer

• Nope.

• As long they are female on the inside. Absolutely yes.

• No.. Hell no.

• Not really for me sorry

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 22

• There is a condition called hirsutism in women, as women produce both male and female hormones. Some have a hormonal imbalance, which leads toto unwanted dark hairs in places like, the chin, upper lip, navel, breasts. Those women will regularly shave, pluck or wax those areas to get rid of the unwanted hair. Some women have it much worse than others, they get it on their necks and backs. There is another condition that produces similar symptoms, known as PCOS which is polycystic ovary syndrome. Meaning that the eggs ovulate on a less regular basis , unfortunately women with this condition may find it more difficult to gave children. Some men make exceptions for those. But I doubt they would want to date someone who is intersex. Lol.

• 22d

A lot of times though, those conditions are actually more noticeable than ones that are grouped under an intersex classification.

• 22d

Hermaphrodites are incredibly noticeable, for instance a woman with an Adams apple and deep voice that still sounds like a mans. But yes, depending on how bad women with those two conditions have it. It will be more noticable.

• I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but I have a friend who has to take birth control pills in order to have periods. She is not interested in any gender or having sex. She tried it and didn't like it. She has Turner Syndrome. She is very short and has really broad shoulders and flat chest. I knew this other woman who is also very short, flat chested but has periods naturally. She was born with a vagina and a penis and they removed her penis when she was born. She is a lesbian. Neither one of these women are what most people would consider pleasing to the eye and they both have aggressive personalities, tend to be socially inappropriate.

• 23d

So then I met this guy and thought he was super cute. He turned out to be a woman transitioning to be a man. I told my friend who knows him to let me know when he gets his penis, and I would ask him out. I don't know if this is what you are talking about either?

• 23d

More like the first one

• 23d

Thank you! The first example, she craves social engagement and fitting in and all. She just never had a sex drive or any kind of understanding when us group of friends made dirty jokes.

• Nope. I'm strictly into dating men who are XY from the start, paired with physical characteristics almost strictly found in males. I don't fancy the idea of sharing boxes of tampons or having lower estrogen levels than my 'boy'friend.

• 20d

What if the only difference was that he had a relatively smaller head or a smaller jaw (along with a smaller mouth)?

• 20d

Clits come in different sizes whether you're intersex or not.

• 20d

I'm aware

• I think the genitalia one would be kinda cool actually, if it was something like a woman with facial hair (which is honestly not something I'm attracted to) I probably couldn't though.

• Meh, I'd be open to it.

• I don't think I could do that... It's a No for me :(

• Sure! Don't see why not. People are people regardless.

• If I found them attractive? Why not. I'm bisexual anyway so wouldn't be an issue for me.

• it depends if we share an emotional/ physical connection. Adoption is always an alternative. We'll work it out <3

• Ahem, nope, intersex people should date other intersex people :P

• No. Filler

• That's kinda gross, a guy with boobs? Nah, I wouldn't.

• 23d

The difference could be really subtle in some cases though. Like it could just be that he doesn't grow any facial hair or that he has a relatively smaller head (men usually have a smaller head-to-body ratio)

• 22d

Oh, lack of facial hair is okay, but boobs are no way :P

• Sure, why not? They are people; they are more than just their body or their voice. They are human beings like any of us.

• Never ever ever ever ever...

• Depends on which part was affected.

• Honestly, no.

• I dont think i can. I feel sorry for them but yeah..

• I would

• id think the no kids part is what would be the major deal breaker

• No I would not

• Yeah i am already dating @chico_brah

• Depends? Maybe? I don't know. I just found out about this. This is new to me.