Would you date someone who is overweight but has a great personality and tons of stuff in common with you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, i like overweight girls. A great personality is awesome.
    My ex girlfriends were both overweight and i loved them at
    one time.

• 18d

How tall are u and ur weight? How big were the girls?

• 18d

I'm 5'9" and little bigger built guy but been told I'm handsome, attractive man
      My ex girlfriends weighed like 245 and over

• 15d

Thank You for Most Helpful Guy :)

Most Helpful Girl

• So about 2 years ago I decided to date an overweight guy and we're still together. If it matters I'm not overweight at all.

I decided to date him because I also loved his personality and with that came a physical attraction too. I was never attracted to overweight guys before him. I also decided to date him because his neglect toward his health did not extend into other areas of his life. He still played sports and he was never insecure or lazy when it came to work or going out.

I would date an overweight guy with the mind and confidence of a fit guy. :)

• 16d

Good answer. How much does he weight about?

What Guys Said 27

• Most likely yes but I have a problem with self discipline. I am very self disciplined on building self value. In general I take joy in trying to keep my vitamin intake at a good level, avoid sugar, see if it's worth it to stay away from gluten, fitness, learning for the sake of knowledge, etc.

Sometimes I associate over-weight women as often showing a lack for self discipline. Please understand I am not talking about 160lb or more.

• Men tend to say no , but occasionally say yes if charmed. Women always say in public or on forums that it is not relevant to their decision because they don't want to be seen saying no in public. The truth is though in practice a woman NEVER says yes to a fat man unless we are talking about sugar daddy style relationships.

• Ehhh... it would really depend on the total package but most probably not as her lifestyle just don't won't fit mine. A few chubby women I do see as possible candidates but it always seems to break down when it comes time to share things we love

For example a soothing fun trip to the swiss alpes with some buds, ski and chalet. However she's only there for the chalet and turkey dinner... 😕

• I did date an overweight girl my age that I really liked. Though...

1. Her weight actually did not marr her face. She still had a cute attractive face, not a triple chin like a jigglypuff.
    2. She said she was overweight and very much wanted to fix it--to the point when I suggested two health supplements, she went and bought them the next day. That told me that while she was overweight now, I didn't need to worry she would be a 250 pound whale a few years down the road.

• I really wish I could. Being able to overlook a woman's looks is the top of my wish list. Women who are overweight seem to be much nice than the hot women. Fat women also tend to make much better partners as well. Lastly, they cheat a whole lot less than attractive women.

• Nope. I'll be friends with her, but we're not dating

• I have, and I would.

• I need to be physically attracted to her. If she is overweight by a lot then I'm not attracted anymore. Just a few extra kg here and there aren't a problem if she wears them well. But obesity is a turn off

• The reason I want a girl that is of good size is because I'm very active. A personality is great and having things in common is good but if you can't be with me to do things like hiking then it makes me sad.

• unless a person is attracted, this is hard to answer becoz it really is down to how the person feels about the person and that attractiveness can be either physical or personality. if he is attracted to some part of you the other part won't bother him.

• Depends how overweight. I can do thick but not chubby or fat...

• I wouldn't date anyone regardless of how much they weigh and what their personality is like and how many things we have in common because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• 18d

But what if they love you? Or you love them?

• Depends on what your definition of overrated

• Not a chance.

• Depends, will she eat me?

• If im not attracted to her it wouldn't work we would just be good friends

• of course! i do like looks of a girl but the personality definitely is more important to me xD but sadly most guys and girls aren't like me in that regard

• sure why not it is the person beneath the skin that matters

• Yes I would.

• I think I would personally, just because I know that weight doesn't always make you a different person

• Well i like girl who is thick on first place

• I personally never thought of looks as particularly important compared to personality.

• Define "overweight". Because in general I prefer a girl bigger than what's "conventional".

• 18d

Overweight by 100 pounds

• 16d

But I mean, what does that mean? How tall, what exact weight, is it all fat or muscle or what?

• I'd have no problem at all with that.

• nope...

• Tried it none of them have enough self esteem to take a compliment. When they know that I do actually like them. They leave cause they think that they are not good enough.
    I'm tired of getting hurt that way. I'm looking for a confident woman now.

• depends how much

What Girls Said 18

• I have a few overweight friends, they are cool and all but there is that one thing that separates us. That one thing isn't just about the weight, it is more about what comes with it. Like lazyness, eating unhealthy, complaining about it and not realising that the only person who actually can do something to their weight is themselves. With friends these things are ok, but in the dating part where you are supposed to be attracted to the other person these are really big red flags for me. Overweight people usually have that constant need to be accepted and I cannot pretend I like that attitude. I just aren't attracted to them, they doesn't look attractive to me and their lifestyle/personality is too far away from mine. So probably no, but you never know, maybe I will meet that one overweight guy who is so awesome I don't even notice he is overweight.

• Hell yes. Overweight would be the last thing on your mind. Personality always wins. Anyone can slim down or bulk up or change appearances but a personality is unique to everyone. Dating is about what makes you happy. It is not the appearance that counts. Its about the compatibility.

• No. Im just being honest here. I like smaller men. It may sound shallow. But I like what I like. And not only that overweight men tend to have health problems and as they age it turns into more problems with their body. I dont want the headache of dealing with that

• I would not. However, most of my interests revolve around sports and nutrition so it's unlikely that I would find someone overweight that I had much in common with.

• 18d

You apparently don't know too many football, golf, or baseball players lol.

• 18d

I'm a personal trainer so I work with all types of athletes

• 18d

Watch Major League Baseball. Sure, they may be in shape, or even healthy, but many of them are overweight and have a big belly on them.

As for golfers, I was just going by the old, heavy set men I see golfing everywhere, but maybe professional golfers are different.

The NFL has some heavy men, but strong, and muscular at the same time.

• My ex of 15 years was overweight. He was a great guy and had an awesome personality. So yes if I was single.

• As long as they can bike ride with me, and as long as they can fit just fine into a rollercoaster seat. XD

• Yes, definitely! Weight can be changed; a shitty attitude rarely can.

• Definitely. i'm fat, but i have a great personality, and i have a lot of things in common with my fiance.

If a guy is serious about you and is ready to settle, then you have nothing to worry about.

• Most likely not. I try to stay a little lean by eating healthy and portion control and a decent amount of cardio. But I know to never say never. If I did date someone that was overweight (like 30 pounds) then I know it wouldn't last very long. I'd eventually get passive aggressive with my comments about him weight and feel bad like I used to do with a couple of my fat friends.

Harsh but true, to me at least.

• Nope.

• It's a no from me

• I would consider it but their chances would be lower with increased size.

• there needs to be some form of physical attraction if none we will most likely be good friends.

• Depends on what overweight is. Is him having a belly overweight? Or he is like 300+ overweight. I wouldn't be attracted to that, because I like people in general that know how to take care of themselves. And I have a active lifestyle so someone overweight won't fit in my active lifestyle

• Absolutely not. I take care of my body and I'm fit so I expect the same in return. It's just not attractive and also I eat healthy so our lifestyles would be too different.

• 18d

Be honest... is this the REAL reason, or is it that you don't find them attractive?

And there are many non-overweight people who don't eat healthy, or exercise.

I work out, and eat healthy too, but being overweight is more of an aesthetic problem than anything.

• 18d

That's true, the non-overweight people who don't eat healthy or exercise... I would not consider a long term relationship with them because that will catch up to you when you are older and I don't plan on having a great body and being with a guy who let himself go like that...
      Honestly, I don't consider overweight guys attractive... and I have been on dates with them. It was just something I couldn't get over.
      I only date guys who are fit (you don't need crazy muscles) or at least skinny.

• No never

• it depends on the person and but to be honest I wouldn't but not because of how they look but because they obviously have have inner issues with themselves that they need to fix before dating, because if the person is insecure about their weight it can affect the relationship.

• 18d

Everyone is insecure about something. I'm overweight and it did not affect me dating or getting with my current SO. Nit everyone who's overweight is insecure. Some people are happy with themselves. :)

• Slightly? Yes? Very? No.