Why are girls so shocked to find out I'm an engineering major?

This is a serious question lol

What Girls Said 12

• Probably because you're portraying yourself as a fuckboy.

• Maybe you come off as stupid? Or maybe they're shocked to find out that a cosmetic school has an engineering program?

I don't know... every guy i know seems to be an engineer so its not like its a big deal.

• 21d

haha, nope... maybe they aren't actually shocked? You didn't have any bogeys hanging out of your nose or anything did you?

• 21d

None but Why would I compare myself to other people? lol I would never insult myself like that

• 21d

Ohhh now, i see what's going on. They aren't surprised that you are in engineering, they are surprised you are so conceited.

• Maybe they perceive you in a different light and then when you present yourself in that manner they get shocked. Could be that

• Maybe you don't seem the studious type :/

• 21d

That's because I'm not the studious type lol I have a 4.0. I rarely study but I participate in class a lot. It's really easy to me

• 21d

The first couple of years are easy. But your Honours year is hell. The majority of engineering students never even make it that far. Just saying.

• How would we know?

• you may not look nor seem like the type to them

• generally people don't assume you can have both brains and abs.

• Not sure... engineering students are like any other student

• Maybe because you're the type of guy who that title doesn't necessarily associate with

• I don't know.

• 21d

They always give me this look 👀 when I say it lol

• 21d

The girls I talk to aren't in any of my classes. I just flirt because it's fun lol

• never knew...

• Are you physically attractive or socially savvy? If so, you stand out like a sore thumb. Most engineers come off as chubby, autistic trolls.

• 21d

I am pretty confident and good at talking to people... you may be onto something

What Guys Said 9

• People have weird stereotypes about engineers. The stereotypes are partly true, but mostly not. There are more nerdy types in engineering than other professions, but still a minority. Most are kinda normal even if they are smarter than normal. They tend to have weird senses of humor, like more subtle and brainy.

No, not many body builder types in engineering, but there are some. There aren't many in other professions either though.

• 21d

I'm the only black guy in my classes lol so I do stand out a little bit. Most of the other engineering students just look like regular guys. I definitely have the personality based on your description lol

• 21d

I would have LOVED to be able to just go to school and not worry about money. My college years were my favorite years and I could have done it forever if I had the chance. I went through accelerated also, but it was strictly for financial reasons. I took 24-26 units per semester with simultaneous class + prerequisite.

I was older and went through as fast as I could. I was in my mid-late 30s and had to leave my little sanctuary and get back to the real world.

@serial entrepreneur. I worked for a guy like that. He was on his fourth startup then. He's on to his fifth now. He always takes a core group with him from one company to the next, then hires new people to fill the gaps.

• 21d

Why haven't we met before? Lol

• cause ur stupid? why do u ask stupid questions? u obviously hang around people that have NOTHING to do with it and are surprised. like how stupid are u really. u couldnt figure that out on ur own? u look like ur in decent shape. people in shape dont normally exercise their mind. engineers are normally smart. do u see where i am going here... send me a message if u want me to spell it out for u better, i figured this out as a child in middle school.

• 21d

I'm #1 in my class and I workout maybe once a week 😂 I'm just naturally fit... I don't hang out with anyone in particular. Most of the time I'm alone. I just meet a lot of girls because I'm a flirt.

• 20d

I'm not playing it down lol I seriously go to the gym maybe once a week. I'm just curious as to how my professional aspirations are reflected by my behavior.

• 18d

so what do u do with all ur time? ... since u have miracle growth no gym needed. what are u taking 15-18credits? just seems like ur trolling. as i said sadly answering while mocking. engineers are suppose to be smart. u look like u work out. people who work out are NOT suppose to be smart. want me to spell that out better? good shape means u are suppose to be stupid, they are surprised that u are in a suppose to be smart major. that is all. very simple concept.

• Way to fish for compliments

• Engineering majors are nerd stereotyped

• Because you have a Gag account

• 21d

Are you retarded?

• 21d

Nah just joking lol, those women probably surprised you don't work for 10$ an hour as 98% guys they meet everyday

• 21d

I don't work at all and I make more than that lol

• Because your profile is a shirtless bathroom mirror selfie.

• 21d

I'm talking about women I meet in person lol I don't meet women online

• It means you will be making $$$
    Girls like $$$

• 21d

I have enough gold diggers chasing me lol

• 21d

lol I'm use to it. I don't really care because I'm honestly I'm focused on school and business...

• 21d

Good for you

• Have my doubts. Too much time in front of the mirror

• 21d

What? Lol

• 21d

Too much self admiration to be focused enough lol
      Just go into modelling

• 21d

I have a lot more to show off than my body lol why the hell would I do that? Electrical engineering is very easy to me for some reason and I enjoy it

• Maybe they thought you looked nothing like what they expect an engineer to look like.

• 21d

What does an engineer look like? Lol

• 21d

I wish I had glasses and a lab coat lol

• 21d

I should start dressing like that lol that's my dream