Is it bad my boyfriend said he loved me after a month?

My boyfriend just recently told me that he loves me after us being together for a month. We'd talked before this and were friends but just recently got to know each other a lot better and are getting close. We talk everyday for hours, I see him a few times a week... do you think he said "I love you" too soon?

• Yes, it is too soon
  • No, if he feels he loves you, he does... it is fine
  • Other

What Guys Said 2

• Good question. Probably too soon.

• Soon or later he should tell that

What Girls Said 5

• He could be confusing love with lust which is very common. Real love takes a long time to develop and only happens through added experiences and as you get to know each other. However, lust can feel just as strong and infatuation makes everything about someone seem great during the honeymoon phase. Love happens when you are comfortable, when the honeymoon phase is over and shit gets real.

• I've read studies that say guys know if a girl is right for him after 4 dates, but it takes girls 14-17. Love always starts out as infatuation, so this is the correct feeling for him to have at this stage for it to turn into real love.

Well he just said he loves you, it's not like he just asked you to marry him. Some guys fall faster than others, or maybe they're just too scared to admit it most of the time because girls freak out on him.

Give it a couple of months and see what happens. He may get over the initial infatuation stage, but he may love you. His feeling for you right now is that he loves you. Is your problem that you don't believe him or you don't want him to love you?

• Why would that be a bad thing?
    It's not too soon, in my opinion. I don't think there's an actual "time-line" for such things.

• If you feel it, just say it. Nothing is too soon in love.

• Why would it be a bad thing that your boyfriend/girlfriend loves you? A lot of people seem to think that these days and it's ridiculous.