He's discreet in public, amorous in private?

I'm tired of how different my man acts when we're alone versus when we're with other people. In public it's like we're not even together--he'll want to hold my hand sometimes, but otherwise he rejects affection like we're just good buddies. The second it's just the two of us, though, he's all tender and sweet and affectionate--in a very physical way. Do you think this means he's embarrassed of me? Is he stringing me along? How do I get him to be more open about our relationship?

What Guys Said 4

• you think to much... it might be just the way he is... it might not be about you... and a second thought... you tried talking with him about it?

• he is shy in public

• Why is this problematic?

• I use to be like this, not because I'm embarrassed of who I'm dating. It's because I was really shy!

What Girls Said 2

• Your guess is as good as ours as to why he's like that. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that there even has to be a specific reason other than him simply not being into PDA.

Have you ever thought about asking him this question?

• Some people just don't like PDA's. I know I don't. I cringe when my man kisses me in public or something and feel like an idiot when he's holding my hand walking down the street. Maybe your man is like that?