Why does he keep talking to me? But won't ask me out?

I've been talking to a guy I met online for more than a month now. We both live busy schedules - and we still haven't met yet. He likes to drop text messages to me, and tells me that "he just got home from work, showered and going to bed, hope you had a good day" at midnight; he texts me with "just to let you know that you are on my mind time to time" this is after not talking for a day.

He likes to keep me up to date with what he is doing, normally when he just got off work and got home - he has this habit of 'dropping me a text'. Even when he was ill, he will text me with "hope your weekend was good, i've just been resting, just dropping you a text before the week gets busy... again"

Yesterday, I was busy working late, and he was going to bed and I already said good night to him after he told me he just got home, and he said "I still love your picture :)" (he was refering to my whatsapp pic). We don't really get much conversation going during weekdays, apart from "got home, hope you had a good day, good night".

I know we are both busy, but it's getting boring :( and I don't know why he keeps 'dropping me a text', yet won't schedule a date... He knows we need to meet because I mentioned it, but he said he thinks we are going good with the talking. Is he even interested? or does he just like that I fill his void of talking to someone? What do you think?

What Guys Said 5

• He told you he was happy just talking

• I talk to my mom often, does that mean I want to ask her out?

I talk to my bros sometime, does that mean I want to ask them out?

I talk to my dogs sometime, does that mean I want to ask them out?

• or he just might be stupid 😂😂😂😂😂

• Do you both live close to each other to where you can meet

• 16d

we live in the same city, only 30 mins away from each other - he's a lawyer and i'm an architect, so it's really hard to be not busy, but I feel he doesn't want to meet me, and only just wants to talk as when I mentioned to meet, he said "yes, that's for sure :), I think it's good so far :)"

• 16d

that's what I think too, I'd rather he just stop texting me, rather than build up this 'false' relationship, he talks all sweet things to me, but I'm getting bored of reading from a screen and not from a person's face. I've tried to cut him out, but he just keeps dropping messages, as if he doesn't want me to forget about him.

• 16d

The best thing to do is delete his number and when he texts act like you don't know who it is and keep deleting them till he stops and don't answer.

• it could be both, doestn have to be one or the other. he could be shy to meet you irl or dont have the time. or doesn't believe he can seduce you... .

What Girls Said 1

• Clearly he is not interested in dating and trully getting to know you or he would have seen you by now. if a man wants to see you, he will make it happen. If he wants to trully get to know you, he would call you more than text. He could be hiding something or a catfish. So to stop this now for going any longer: Text him that it would be nice to hear his voice and that there is a little green button on his phone and to press it and see what happens. Simple. If he makes excuses and continues to just text you mostly, then he is not looking to really trully connect with you. Texting is a way of hiding emotions and keeping from connecting. Phone is more personal and more real. That what you want right? So tell him what you want and see how serious he really is.

No matter how busy he is, he can make time if he really wanted too. If he is texting more than calling and doesn't respect the fact that you want to converse more than text esp when off from work, then he is not the guy you want. Not asking you out is a dead sign that he is not that interested or hiding something esp if you said you wanted to see him.

If he keeps texting more, start replyin with just smiley faces. he will get the hint. If he wasn't serious, he will stop texting. If he doesn't want to lose you, he will begin to call and make some moves soon after. You gotta get control here or this is gonna continue to nowhere and a lot of wasted time